Old Girona

• 2 weeks later...
Once we get there is there a way to see as much as possible...and is there a local restaurant there on on the way from Barcelona?

The area is easy to walk. I did a tour through HAL that also took us to Dali museum after lunch.

Are you renting a car?

The area is easy to walk. I did a tour through HAL that also took us to Dali museum after lunch.

Are you renting a car?

We have a driver who is taking us there and then we are on our own. I was just about to give up on any information about the walking.. thanks

We have a driver who is taking us there and then we are on our own. I was just about to give up on any information about the walking.. thanks

Glad you are on the boards this am. I would see if you can find a map before you go. Perhaps copy one from a travel book from the library. Our guide was a total kook (she was perfect for Dali) and 5 of us had to get her to lead us to the Jewish quarter where the HAL rep picked us up 20 or 30 minutes later. Jewish or not the "street" is worth a look as it is very historic.

We are doing this guideless...lol.. A few years ago I read the book THE LAST JEW by Noah Gordon.. all about the history of the Inquisition and the Jews.. It was one of those book I couldnt put down. His sister in law gave me an autographed copy which I LENT OUT but I have another one to finish reading... From what I;ve read there is a tourist or the town hall which will give me a map,but as with your suggestion will GOOGLE BTW if you ever go back to Barcelona I have a fabulous tour/driver for you...very hard to get..lol.. grew up outside of NYC

We are doing this guideless...lol.. A few years ago I read the book THE LAST JEW by Noah Gordon.. all about the history of the Inquisition and the Jews.. It was one of those book I couldnt put down. His sister in law gave me an autographed copy which I LENT OUT but I have another one to finish reading... From what I;ve read there is a tourist or the town hall which will give me a map,but as with your suggestion will GOOGLE BTW if you ever go back to Barcelona I have a fabulous tour/driver for you...very hard to get..lol.. grew up outside of NYC

Hi Parrot Mom,

I am very interested in seeing Girona. We will be in Barcelona on July 17th...THIS WEEK! I still do not have a guide that can bring us there. Please provide me with the information if possible in getting in touch with the tour/driver you know. Also, do you know the cost. We are a family of five. My husband is from NY.

I appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks!

Hi Parrot Mom,

I am very interested in seeing Girona. We will be in Barcelona on July 17th...THIS WEEK! I still do not have a guide that can bring us there. Please provide me with the information if possible in getting in touch with the tour/driver you know. Also, do you know the cost. We are a family of five. My husband is from NY.

I appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks!

It may be difficult to get Auriello or Michael at this late date...but neither knows the area and Auriello can put you in touch with a guide once he drivesyou there...BARCELONATAXI <barcelonataxi@barcelonataxivan.com>

Ive GOOGLED AND found information by a Mr. and Mrs. Frommer (not the writers I believe) Also,dont know if he can take five... it is possible that he can also do a great tour for you of Barcelona..there is a Jewish community that is being re-built.. If you write me I can send you his cell pbone #

parrotmom@verizon.net

http://www.travel-watch.com/girona.htm

We did Girona in May. A wonderful day. Guide was Sandra. She picked us up and the first stop was the Dali museum. I was never a Dali fan, but we are now hooked. Its a must see. Then we went to Girona and the Jewish quater. had a late lunch. We then stopped in Tossa on the Costa Brava.

All in all a great day.My e mail is cape.town@verizon.net if you need further info.

Barcelona is a wonderful city. Enjoy.

i'm not on your cruise. i'm on the 9/29 navigator. maybe we'll cross paths in girona

We will be in Girona on Sept. 8th.. we board the Celebrity Constellation on the 9th. Ive already heard from one guide and unless your going with a group of people its very expensive I thought.. I gather there are audio tapes available at the City Hall for self-guided tours..

Do you have a driver yet? If you want more information Ill send you what Ive collected so far..

parrotmom@verizon.net

Archived