Gluten free/celiac challenges on Valor?

Fishtales6

Folks,

Any suggestions for celiac/gluten free meals on Valor? We know the usual, lots of salads, etc, but am wondering if Carnival has ever stated what they can offer for alternate dietary needs.

TIA

Fishtales6

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Special_Diet_Requirements.aspx

Guests with diet requirements can be accommodated on board. We do not have Dieticians onboard; therefore, we can only offer assistance with simple requests such as the method of preparation of menu items. The special diet requirements need to be arranged with the guest's Headwaiter on the first night of the cruise. Every menu (in the dining room) has Spa Carnival Cuisine Fare. These items are lower in calories, sodium, cholesterol and fat. Salads are prepared with diet dressing. Desserts are prepared with Sweet'N Low or NutraSweet instead of sugar. In addition, each menu has one vegetarian entree. Low-cholesterol egg substitute is available upon request as well as diet jellies at breakfast.

The following simple diets can be prepared onboard:

* vegetarian

* salt-free

* bland

* low sugar

The following food is not available onboard:

* Kosher meals

* Baby Food and Formula

I'd speak to the special needs department and make sure it is noted in your reservation.

Call Carnival and talk to the special needs department. They have a diet for celiac disease. They even have pizza that is gluten free, don't know how good it is though. Just remind the waiter and Maitre D once on board.

• 7 months later...

I traveled with carnival a year ago on the Freedom and I was very impressed with the care that was taken to prepare my food so that I would not get sick. The last thing you want when going on vacation is it have an allergic reaction and spend the day in the bathroom. This year we decided to go on another cruise and will be sailing on the Valor in a few weeks. I filled out the special requirments form and sent it in, within about a day and half my travel agent called to say that they had recieved a phone call from the carnival confirming the allergy and said that they offered gluten free bread, pasta, and pizza. The first night the hostess will come by to discuss your options and if it is the same as last year each night I would choose my meal for the next day to be sure it was prepared correctly. My only complaint was that the food was very bland, I kept getting plain white rice, veggies and a plain peice of meat that had been broiled. After about three nights I nicely said to the hostess that I was not allergic to flavour and gave a list of things that were ok to have. after that the food was much better.

Hope you have a great trip!

Archived