Baltimore port ?'s

xsnowman99

We are looking at Majesty out of Baltimore for a quick summer vacation. Can anyone share any light on this terminal--specifically parking, cost, proximity to pier and ease of actually getting to ship from parking facility? My DH is unable to walk long distances so this is an important issue for us.

We are trying to find a hotel that might do 'park and cruise' that will keep our car for the week and offer a shuttle. Any information on this would also be great. I know Baltimore has 'good areas' and 'bad areas' as most cities do...I also know that one has to be careful picking one and with not knowing the area, I am struggling. We will be driving to Baltimore from Richmond.

Thanks for any information/insight anyone may be willing to share.

Lynn

We are looking at Majesty out of Baltimore for a quick summer vacation. Can anyone share any light on this terminal--specifically parking, cost, proximity to pier and ease of actually getting to ship from parking facility? My DH is unable to walk long distances so this is an important issue for us.

We are trying to find a hotel that might do 'park and cruise' that will keep our car for the week and offer a shuttle. Any information on this would also be great. I know Baltimore has 'good areas' and 'bad areas' as most cities do...I also know that one has to be careful picking one and with not knowing the area, I am struggling. We will be driving to Baltimore from Richmond.

Lynn

We live in Baltimore, near Johns Hopkins U.

The new terminal is supposed to be very nice, but I really know nothing about it, other than it is a significant upgrade over the old one. As to hotels, etc., I have provided a link from cruisemaryland.com with that info. If it were my choice, I would book an inner harbor hotel, and enjoy that area pre-cruise.

cruisemaryland.com website has pretty much all the information you'll need, plus phone numbers for any questions not answered.

Enjoy "Charm City"!

http://www.cruisemaryland.com/cruises/page5a_accommodations.htm

I cruised from Baltimore last year and I am going again in August. I thought the port was well organized. I think the parking this year is $13 a night. It is a secure lot. The port is right off of I-95 and was easy to get into and out of. The parking was right next to the Cruise terminal. When we entered the lot we went right past the the terminal building. You should be able to let you DH off in front of the building. Then you go to the luggage drop off. They had people there to unload the luggage. Then you park with a short walk to the terminal. I never stayed in a local hotel, so I don't have any knowledge of shuttles etc., but I am sure that some do. I hope this helps, Maybe we may run in to each other on the Majesty in Aug.

You can request a wheelchair for your DH if needed. My DH broke both legs last year and was unable to walk long distances when we took a cruise out of Balto. I requested a wheelchair and he was picked up from curbside and wheeled to the ship.

Parking is $13 nightly in a secured lot. Hotel shuttle only works if you are staying in the hotel pre/post cruise. Many past cruisers have parked in lot without incident.

Ginger in Odenton, MD

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

Archived