Ship missing Key West

mom2girls

Has anyone heard of a ship missing Key West? I'm thinking of buying the trolley tickets online. But, I don't want to buy them if there's a chance of missing the port. I don't want to buy them on the ship because I want to be able to get on and off when I want to. (Also, it's much cheaper if I buy them directly.)

We missed Key West in September 2005 on the Celebration out of Jacksonville. The day after we left port (and the day before we were due in KW) the captain announced on the intercom: "due to Hurricane Rita passing through the Florida Straits, we will be diverting from Key West to Freeport for an extended dock".

That was fine with me, as the seas were already getting rougher as we got closer to the northern edge of Rita. I'll try to dig-up and post a couple of pics, if anyone's interested.

However, we were still able to visit Nassau the next day with no problems.

By the way, we also purchased Trolley tickets online prior to sailing. After we returned home, I just sent an email to the tour company telling them what happened, and they refunded the cost of the Trolley tickets almost immediately.

It happened to us once on Jewel of the Sea, first week of January 2006. Don't remember what happened, but while we were boarding they told us that they will skip Key West which is our first stop. It was OK for us since we have been there many times.

Right after we left Costa Maya to Cozumel the next day, captain had announced that they will skip Cozumel due to the dock were still damaged by hurrycain Wilma(?). The weather began to get rough, windy and big wave was unsave to tender passenger to Cozumel, because of the bad weather reason the ship sail FULL SPEED to Key West and overnight in Key West. It was great.

At first some passengers were very upset that they skip the Cozumel, but after almost 2 hours we left Costa Maya, bussiness start picking up. I mean windy, cold big waves. By then I believed passengers know what captain telling all of us.

This is their refund policy and a contact if you buy tickets on-line but miss the tour...

"At Old Town Trolley Tours®, part of the Historic Tours of America® family, we work very hard to insure that our guests receive the best tour and treatment in the industry. We believe strongly in our products and stand behind our 100% money back guarantee. If you were dissatisfied with your tour, we apologize for any unpleasantness or inconvenience that you may have experienced and will be happy to refund your money*. Your assistance in pointing out our failures gives us the opportunity to improve our products... and hopefully convince you to give us another chance.

It's important to note that all Historic Tours of America® tickets are good for 6 months from the date of purchase. If you purchased tickets and were simply unable to use them, you can keep your tickets and use them on a future visit, or give them as gifts (and you'll also avoid any price increases).

Refunds for tickets purchased at a ticket booth or purchased through our Website.

Please call us at 1-800-TOUR-HTA or 1-800-868-7482.

Pjk

This is their refund policy and a contact if you buy tickets on-line but miss the tour...

"At Old Town Trolley Tours®, part of the Historic Tours of America® family, we work very hard to insure that our guests receive the best tour and treatment in the industry. We believe strongly in our products and stand behind our 100% money back guarantee. If you were dissatisfied with your tour, we apologize for any unpleasantness or inconvenience that you may have experienced and will be happy to refund your money*. Your assistance in pointing out our failures gives us the opportunity to improve our products... and hopefully convince you to give us another chance.

It's important to note that all Historic Tours of America® tickets are good for 6 months from the date of purchase. If you purchased tickets and were simply unable to use them, you can keep your tickets and use them on a future visit, or give them as gifts (and you'll also avoid any price increases).

Refunds for tickets purchased at a ticket booth or purchased through our Website.

Please call us at 1-800-TOUR-HTA or 1-800-868-7482.

Pjk

So, I can call them for a refund if we miss this port? :) Thank you so much for the information.

Archived