Flights out of San Juan

kleven

Hoping someone can help! What is the earliest anyone has flown out of San Juan after a cruise? Looking at flights home from there, most of them leave in the morning or very late afternoon. Would we have any chance of making a flight at 9:45am? Thanks!

Hoping someone can help! What is the earliest anyone has flown out of San Juan after a cruise? Looking at flights home from there, most of them leave in the morning or very late afternoon. Would we have any chance of making a flight at 9:45am? Thanks!

I've done a cruise out of San Juan twice and have one booked for next Jan. The first year at about 8am the morning of our disembarkment DH and I stood on the prominade deck and watched as the luggage was be unloaded. Passengers hadn't started to disembark yet. This past year the disembarkment was a bit quicker, but to be at the airport by 8:15 am, I don't believe so. Now if you spent the night in San Juan and took the flight the next morning I don't think it would be a problem. I would look for a flight at least after noon. That way what will be a great cruise won't end on a hurried, stressful note!

Good luck no matter what you decide to do.

I would not risk trying to get a flight out of San Juan prior to noon on the day of disembarkment. Most cruise lines have docked by 7 am. but just in case there is a problem and the ship arrives late, you could miss an early morning flight. On some lines you can opt to carry your own luggage off the ship. They usually allow up to 300 passengers to have self debarkation.

I've done a cruise out of San Juan twice and have one booked for next Jan. The first year at about 8am the morning of our disembarkment DH and I stood on the prominade deck and watched as the luggage was be unloaded. Passengers hadn't started to disembark yet. This past year the disembarkment was a bit quicker, but to be at the airport by 8:15 am, I don't believe so. Now if you spent the night in San Juan and took the flight the next morning I don't think it would be a problem. I would look for a flight at least after noon. That way what will be a great cruise won't end on a hurried, stressful note!

Good luck no matter what you decide to do.

Archived