Cayman Auto Rentals

Rockportgirl

Has anyone here ever reserved a vehicle through Cayman Auto online? I sent them an e-mail asking some very specific questions about when we should reserve, pricing, location, etc., and this was their response...

In order for us to reserve the vehicle, it is required that you provide us with your credit card information. (Please note: - your card will not be charged for reservation).

They didn't answer one of my questions, so needless to say, I'm a little leery now. From what I understand, though, they're the only ones with vehicles within walking distance of the cruise dock, and they have Jeeps at a competitive price. Anyone have any experience with them? Thank you in advance.

Has anyone here ever reserved a vehicle through Cayman Auto online? I sent them an e-mail asking some very specific questions about when we should reserve, pricing, location, etc., and this was their response...

In order for us to reserve the vehicle, it is required that you provide us with your credit card information. (Please note: - your card will not be charged for reservation).

They didn't answer one of my questions, so needless to say, I'm a little leery now. From what I understand, though, they're the only ones with vehicles within walking distance of the cruise dock, and they have Jeeps at a competitive price. Anyone have any experience with them? Thank you in advance.

You don't need a jeep in Cayman. Roads are VERY good. they will charge you too much for a jeep. I have a timeshare there and always rent from Cico/Avis. Go to their website and see if they rent at the port. Good cars at good prices. A jeep is not necessary in Cayman. If it is only the two if you, the smallest car will do.

Terri

Thank you for that. Actually, we really want a Jeep. It's 3 of us, and the thought of driving the island with the top off just sounds wonderful. We did the same thing in Cozumel and it was great.

For a Jeep and all the extras (insurance, driving permit, recovery fee, etc.) I figured from the breakdown on their website around $83.00 for the day. Of course that was one of the questions I had that they didn't answer.

Archived