'LIVE' from the Mariner 7-6-08 please join us

August 10th. cannot get here soon enough. Take good notes for us, for we will be eagerly awaiting your posts!

Tell us where is a good table to sit at in the main dining room so we can see-all. I never know what table to request.

Have a safe fun time.

Later

Yes the Mariner has both Chops and Portofino's.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and are sailing on the Mariner on August 31. Can you let us know who the concierge is and I would love to get an idea of what is served at dinner each night so I can make our online reservations for Chops.

Thanks.

Enjoy your cruise, looking forward to your posts.

Tonya, I see you'll be busy with your anniversary but stop by and say hi, there are about 70+ posters on your cruise so far...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=671173

Bon Voyage! We will be on her beginning August 3. We have never sailed on that large of a cruise ship before. Look forward to any tips you may have on navigating her decks and what spots are good for getting away from it all.

I am looking forward to your live posts, as we thought we would sail her this year before she leaves. However that won't be possible. So it will be like cruising on her....

Enjoy your cruise and can't wait for your fun to begin!!

We'll be traveling with you vicariously and can't wait for the journey to begin. We're sailing on the Mariner for the second time on August 31st so we know your posts will help us get in the mood.

Have a great cruise!!

Hi everyone

We are at dfw waiting on our aircraft. We had a great party last night and we are all so ready to jump on board Mariner tomorrow. Our plane seems to be having a challenge right now. Something about a circuit breaker. I sure hope they get it worked out soon.

I am on my blackberry and this is about all the typing can do. So until tommorow. Bye for now!

I can't wait til you board the ship! I'd like to know if there is a way to find out where your muster station is. I know some are outside, and some are indoors(out of the heat). We are on deck 10 aft. Thanks!! Have fun!

Kim Q, hope your plane got all fixed up and you had a safe trip to Tampa.

I just love the live post, so really looking forward to "sailing with you" on CC next week.

Please let us know what the C&A gift is this week. If it is still that ugly baseball cap I'll just be so disappointed.

Have a GREAT time.

Bon Voyage!!!!

We just left the mariott at the tampa airport and heading across the state for our waiting lady. Not long now. Our meet and mingle group decided to all wear orange so I already look like I have my vest on for the muster drill. I think we will try and have lunch at fishlips before we board. Later, kimq

We're on the ship on the 20th so we have the same itinerary--here's my two questions--We are in room 6344 where is our muster station? and what is the best night to book Chops or portofino? Ok, three questions--any chance you could get pics of the compasses for 5 to 7 yos? I'd appreciate any st thomas excursion info too! But if you can't get to any of this it's fine--just pat our room door and tell her we're thinking of her!

Thanks, Katie--have soooooooo much fun!

[quote name='twinlges']We're on the ship on the 20th so we have the same itinerary--here's my two questions--We are in room 6344 where is our muster station? and what is the best night to book Chops or portofino? Ok, three questions--any chance you could get pics of the compasses for 5 to 7 yos? I'd appreciate any st thomas excursion info too! But if you can't get to any of this it's fine--just pat our room door and tell her we're thinking of her!

Thanks, Katie--have soooooooo much fun![/quote]

Katie,

I have been on her twice and our whole family is going again Eastern in Sept. Here are the answers to you questions:

1)Muster station-- Unless someone has been in rm 6344 you won't know where it is until you board. It will be on your sea pass card in the upper rt. It will also be noted on the back of the door in your room.

2) When to book Chops/Portofino is a matter of opinion. I wouldn't book it Friday night because it is the 2nd formal night that they serve lobster in the dinning room. But, if you don't like lobster, it would be one of the less busy nights to go. So, again, matter of opinion.

3) I have no compasses, but the diving and jewelry in St Thomas are great!

[quote name='Kimq']We just left the mariott at the tampa airport and heading across the state for our waiting lady. Not long now. Our meet and mingle group decided to all wear orange so I already look like I have my vest on for the muster drill. I think we will try and have lunch at [B][COLOR=magenta]fishlips[/COLOR][/B] before we board. Later, kimq[/quote]

Had great fish and chips at FishLips last January.

It's great going on a cruise, not paying or missing any work. Thanks so much Kimq.
I am counting the days till Feb 22nd when the Mariner joins us out west.
Can't wait to hear about the cruise and of course see pics when you can... especially all your M&M group in
orange.
Have fun.
Laura

Hey everyone....watching the port of canaveral webcam right now as you are about to sail!! Have a great cruise, bon voyage, enjoy, have a drink for me, and let the good times roll! Looking forward to your updates, and looking even more forward to Mariner's 8/3 sailing!

Archived