'LIVE' from the Mariner 7-6-08 please join us

Kim,

What night was the repeat passenger cocktail party and was there a separate event for D/D+? If so, what night was that? How were the wine tastings in Vintages? Was the concierge packed every night?

Thanks for taking the time. It was tons of fun to follow your post!

Jodi

[quote name='joey1']Kim,

What night was the repeat passenger cocktail party and was there a separate event for D/D+? If so, what night was that? How were the wine tastings in Vintages? Was the concierge packed every night?

Thanks for taking the time. It was tons of fun to follow your post!

Jodi[/quote]

[COLOR=black]The Welcome Back Party was on Wednesday - [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Main Seating 5:15 Second Seating 7:45[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Lotus Lounge, Deck 5 forward[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Dress code: Smart Casual[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]The Platinum and Diamond reception was on Friday at 7:45 [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3](Diamond + must have gotten something else??)[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Lotus Lounge - Suggest Dress - Formal [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]The concierge was not packed every night. It seemed more crowded around 5:30 to 6. That must be because we late diners were also in there.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] I only went to 1 official tasting in Vintages. I enjoyed it but it was not as good without the cheese and crackers. I did enjoy a flight one night and several private tastings to pick out wine for our dinners. I really liked Vintages.[/SIZE][/FONT] [/COLOR]

[quote name='Kimq'][COLOR=black]The Welcome Back Party was on Wednesday - [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Main Seating 5:15 Second Seating 7:45[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Lotus Lounge, Deck 5 forward[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Dress code: Smart Casual[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]The Platinum and Diamond reception was on Friday at 7:45 [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3](Diamond + must have gotten something else??)[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Lotus Lounge - Suggest Dress - Formal [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]The concierge was not packed every night. It seemed more crowded around 5:30 to 6. That must be because we late diners were also in there.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] I only went to 1 official tasting in Vintages. I enjoyed it but it was not as good without the cheese and crackers. I did enjoy a flight one night and several private tastings to pick out wine for our dinners. I really liked Vintages.[/SIZE][/FONT] [/COLOR][/QUOTE] Sounds like the there was no satellite lounge for the CL and they must not have needed it. Were hors d'oerves served or were they eliminated because of the red altert?

Thanks for the info on the receptions.

I know this is probably a silly question to ask you because you don't have young children, but do you happen to know what nights the kids went to Johnny Rockets for dinner? I have a couple/3 nieces who probably will be in the childrens programs and will want to go there.

Thanks for all your info.

[quote name='SherriZ366']Sounds like the there was no satellite lounge for the CL and they must not have needed it. Were hors d'oerves served or were they eliminated because of the red altert?

Thanks for the info on the receptions.[/quote]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We did not need or have a satellite lounge and we did have appetizers in the CL. It seemed to only be in bars and open area which were not restaurants that they did not serve. [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Kimq'][COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We did not need or have a satellite lounge and we did have appetizers in the CL. It seemed to only be in bars and open area which were not restaurants that they did not serve. [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
thanks

[quote name='Mark O']Hi Kim, glad you had a nice time, and thanks for helping us enjoy your cruise. Was wondering if you were able to take a picture of the white wine list - rieslings in particular?[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I am soooo sorry but I did not. I just plain ran out of time. I looked for you in Vintages at the rieslings and ask if I could bring my camera to take a photo and did not get back. All I can tell you is that they only have one offered in Vintages and the guy there told me it was very good. I can't remember the name. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]:o Sorry[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='rorito']Hey Kim, Any slot machines you would recommend? My favorite is Wheel of Fortune.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]There was 2 Wheel of Fortune machines. The Quartermania machines seemed to be popular. I did not play the slots much. But I did hear them hitting a bit. Good Luck[/SIZE][/FONT] ;)

Hi Kim! Thanks for doing a "live from the Mariner"! We all had such a wonderful time following you around!

I noticed that you were in a suite. We'll be in an OS in November and was wondering what you thought of the "suite" life? LOL! This will be a special cabin for us, since it is our 25th Anniversary.

Again, thank you for all your postings!

[quote name='tinkerme1']Hi Kim! Thanks for doing a "live from the Mariner"! We all had such a wonderful time following you around!

I noticed that you were in a suite. We'll be in an OS in November and was wondering what you thought of the "suite" life? LOL! This will be a special cabin for us, since it is our 25th Anniversary.

Again, thank you for all your postings![/quote]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We have been in many suites and by far the OS on the Mariner has been the nicest. You will just love it.;) We were in an OS on the Explorer in February and it was much smaller.:rolleyes: Have a great time.:D [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Thanks a million; we enjoyed cruising with you so much- glad you had a wonderful time. Sorry to hear of hassle to ferry to St. John; we try to do St. John every other time in ST. T., just love it.

One question - we're going in Oct. on Eastern and I'd like to book Chops online now, but I'm afraid we'll miss the ice show. I know you mentioned you went on Thursday at 9 (I think) - was it offered several other times?

Thanks again - love your logo, too. My Sis & BIL have a vineyard in OR; they've just started bottling their Pinot Noir this year under the name "Three Angels" (sis and two daughters). We've learned a lot by going to tastings when we visit them. Thanks ago for great post :>)
MOJO

[quote name='pasta lover']Thanks a million; we enjoyed cruising with you so much- glad you had a wonderful time. Sorry to hear of hassle to ferry to St. John; we try to do St. John every other time in ST. T., just love it.

One question - we're going in Oct. on Eastern and I'd like to book Chops online now, but I'm afraid we'll miss the ice show. I know you mentioned you went on Thursday at 9 (I think) - was it offered several other times?

Thanks again - love your logo, too. My Sis & BIL have a vineyard in OR; they've just started bottling their Pinot Noir this year under the name "Three Angels" (sis and two daughters). We've learned a lot by going to tastings when we visit them. Thanks ago for great post :>)
MOJO[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]The ice show was done 4 times. 2 times on 2 different days. I don't think we will have a problem making it to one of them.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Enjoy your cruise!!!!;) [/SIZE][/FONT]

2 more things... was there an 80's or 70's party?? and I think you said the pool side party was St Thomas night? After I cruise this weekend I have to get to some serious planning!! could I email you this next week if I need to?? THANKS:D

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]Hi Kimq ![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]Will you be able to send out the compass's ?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]jglane at sbcglobal dot com [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]Thanks![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='cheaptravel'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]Hi Kimq ![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]Will you be able to send out the compass's ?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]jglane at sbcglobal dot com [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]Thanks![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I am going to try and scan in what I have for you. I have torn some parts off to take around the ship with me. So they are not as complete as I would like. Have you been reading the review on our cruise that Tabbymom is doing? She is giving a very detailed report. here is a link -[/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=809731[/URL]

Hi Kim!

Did you see that Krystle already scanned all the compasses? [URL]http://community.webshots.com/user/starslam?vhost=community[/URL]

She's right on the ball! Saved the rest of us the trouble. We picked up extra copies at the purser's office everyday; didn't notice until Friday that they also had copies at WJ so could have saved the trip down to deck 5.

Archived