What happened to 1 night coastal cruise?

Av8tor

About 2 weeks ago, I believe there were two 1-night cruises (different ships) from SEA to YVR in the middle of Sep08 that were 2 days apart. I had hope to book them next month, but now all I can find is a single 1-night cruise on the Golden towards the end of the month.

Does anyone know if the other cruises sold-out or if the Princess schedule changed, and if that's the case, what happened?

Thanks,

Paul:rolleyes:

It might have sold out, but keep checking back - the one day repo cruises routinely appear and disappear! Usually, there's space available until about three weeks before the cruise departs.

Thanks for that info. I'll keep watching for them!

Paul

It is still there. :)

Colo - I'm not sure what you meant by "It is still there."

I know there's a single 1-night cruise listed on the Princess web site, but I was looking for two different cruises that were 2 days apart.

Paul

Colo - I'm not sure what you meant by "It is still there."

I know there's a single 1-night cruise listed on the Princess web site, but I was looking for two different cruises that were 2 days apart.

Paul

Thought you were saying the Golden 1 day was sold out and I was saying it is not.

Sorry miread your post. :)

It may have been cancelled because it is not showing up on the booking engine, which it would even if it was sold out. Though, truthfully, I only recall the one one-day cruise on the Golden for this year. I didn't see another when I looked some weeks back. Of course, there are a few on other lines.

I still haven't figured it out.

There were two different Princess ships sailing SEA-YVR in Sep that were 2 days apart. I remember because I thought it'd be a great way two get 2 CCC cruise credits. Hop over to SEA, cruise to YVR, sightsee, AMTRAK to SEA, sightsee and overnight in SEA and then repeat.

Perhaps one of the ships' schedule changed due to a refurbishment or some other repair.

Paul

According to recent Princess schedules there is only one overnight coastal cruise in September 2008, but there are two in September 2009: The GOLDEN PRINCESS Seattle-Vancouver 27-28 Sep 08. And the PACIFIC PRINCESS Seattle-Vancouver 17-18 Sep 09 and the GOLDEN PRINCESS Seattle-Vancouver 19-20 Sep 09.

I still haven't figured it out.

There were two different Princess ships sailing SEA-YVR in Sep that were 2 days apart. I remember because I thought it'd be a great way two get 2 CCC cruise credits. Hop over to SEA, cruise to YVR, sightsee, AMTRAK to SEA, sightsee and overnight in SEA and then repeat.

Paul

Thats a brilliant idea. Sort of a mini-vacation.

Hey Paul, I did some double checking and made a few calls and as far as I can tell, the only other Seattle based ship, the Star Princess, has been scheduled for dry dock for months. The ship is heading straight to SFO after she ends her season on September 21st to be refitted with all the new bells and whistles: see this article.

I couldn't even find any old rollcalls for that period, though I've noticed that Star Princess doesn't seem to get all that many of those anyway.:D

I wonder if you were looking at 2009 instead. I've done that a few times myself.

And when you hit Vancouver on the 20th, you can take the direct shuttle back to Seattle and try for a third cruise up. There's one on the 17th, 19th and 20th. I might do the 17th becuase it's the smaller Pacific Princess and I'd like to look her over.

Archived