Hotel in Long Beach

jimbug

Hi Jimbug, Also check out the downtown Holiday Inn. They have a Park & Cruise Special for $99.00 Their shuttle will take you and pick you up at the ship, while your auto stays in their parking lot. Good Luck!

...any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the Coast Hotel Long Beach, but any other suggestions (not the Queen Mary) are welcome....

Thanks!

Go with the Guesthouse Hotel, located on Pacific Coast Hwy---in Long Beach.

• 3 weeks later...

We also stayed at Guest House Hotel for three nites before our cruise. $79 per nite with cont breakfast, free parking during cruise, and free shuttle service down to ship and QM area. Nice staff. Good mexican resturant right up the street.

We stayed post cruise at the Sunrise Best Western in San Pedro - drove in the morning of the cruise and had business the day we disembarked.

Older Best Western, nothing wrong with it but not a five star. One surprise, their "free shuttle" quits running about noon to the cruise docks. My TA now knows about that, I should have checked prior to leaving home. From reading the above posts, I should have stayed in Long Beach.

We paid $119 for the night. Room looked over the west (?) end of the shipping channel, good views of the Miracle of the Seas (NCL?) leaving, and several container ships arriving to Port of Long Beach. Would have been a great place to stay for that cruise.

Good dining just across the street and good breakfast next door. Hotel serves a roll/donut/juice bar in the morning, but we wanted more substance.

DH and I stayed at the Long Beach Hyatt for $50 (priceline) and had a view of the Queen Mary and the Pride. It also had a walk way to the sea side village where you could have a wonderful meal at the Yard House. Have fun.

Archived