CB - Arriving Late to Ports

nvrendingluvv

I am cruising on the CB on 7/19. I have heard of the engine problems on the CB, and therefore, puts the boat behind schedule. I have heard that it is likely we will arrive late to ports. About how long of a delay should I be expecting? What are some good things to do at the port if I only have a couple hours to spend there?

Thanks in advance!:)

Those that are booked on Princess Cruises can log onto the Cruise Presonalizer and go to see the new itinerary for their cruise. This is the only location that will have the new port schedules. If you look at it in the normal search for a cruise it will still show the original itinerary.

I am cruising on the CB on 7/19. I have heard of the engine problems on the CB, and therefore, puts the boat behind schedule. I have heard that it is likely we will arrive late to ports. About how long of a delay should I be expecting? What are some good things to do at the port if I only have a couple hours to spend there?

Thanks in advance!:)

There is an extensive thread on this.......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=801306

I wouldn't start celebrating just yet, our changes came in 2 days ago and we are sailing in 5 days. :eek:

They have already posted the changes for 7/10, 7/28, 8/6 and 8/15. while this doesn't mean that they won't change the 7/19 , it does do all the ports in reverse order and already has 4 hours shorter port times/ 4 hours longer travel times! Changes may not be necessary.

I left a message on your roll call asking -

All of you must know by now Princess has changed the port times on certain cruises.

I am wondering did they change your times at port?

By your post here, I gather you port times changed as well.

As for engine problems. Everyone's spectulating. We really can't say for sure.

We are on the November 9th Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan...do you think they will keep postponing the engine repair that far in advance and that it will affect that cruise as well which is very port intensive?? Is the issue that they must go slowly and can't make ports in time????

Im on the next sailing for the CB. Only today did we get an official URGENT notice from Princess that our port times have changed. 2 days ago it was posted on our personalizer.

All our ports were shortened by 1 hour and Puerto Rico was shortened by 4 hours.

Obviously, the ship is sailing slower.

Archived