Question about Hawaii cruises

ladycajun

I am interested in taking an Hawaiian cruise. I am 44 but like to have a relaxing vacation without too much formalities. I am taking my first cruise next month on the Carnival Elation, so I will see if cruising is for me. My question is what cruise would be the best for me, I would like to spend about 7-11 days seeing the Hawaiian Islands and would like to keep the price range about 1000-1500 per person. I saw NCL and Carnival has these avail, what about Royal Carribbean and are NCl and RCCL too formal for me.:)

Thanks Christine

Basically, you can choose from a variety of cruise companies but NCL is the only one that cruises Hawaii year round and does Honolulu round trip. The other cruise lines start on the west coast and head over. This requires about 4 sea days, which makes the cruise longer. The NCL cruise on the Pride of Aloha and the Pride of America (next summer) are 7 days. Enjoy your cruise!

NCL has a more causal dress rule then the other lines but you will have to fly to and from Hawaii. The 11 day cruises happen on a season shoulder, ie apr sep sort of thing. There is also round trip but they are 15 days either San Diago or LA.

NCL has a more causal dress rule then the other lines but you will have to fly to and from Hawaii. The 11 day cruises happen on a season shoulder, ie apr sep sort of thing. There is also round trip but they are 15 days either San Diago or LA.

I'm doing HAL's Hawaii itinerary next October. True, it's 15 days ... but it's a relaxing trip out and back. Lots of sea days.

As for the "formal night problem," simply choose to eat room service or in the Lido that night.

My feeling is that if I'm gonna cruise Hawaii, I sure as hell am not going put up with an 9+ hour flight from the east coast to get there. :) I'd much rather spend an extra week and relax on a cruise.

Blue skies ...

--rita

thanks so much for the info..I am debating on flying out to Honolulu, staying two nights before and after the cruise On NCL's, but part of me would also like the days at sea from the coast...I will keep researching since I am good at that!! I will research a trip to death before I go. I allready have 4 different foldres for the Elation cruise and I've started one about Hawaii allready and I haven't even decided when I'm going!! LOL. If anyone has done either of these please let me know or if you have reviews of these cruises.

Cajunlady, are you sure you would hate the formal service? I just did the Infinity to Hawaii solo for my 40th birthday and it was wonderful. The service was formal, but not stuffy in my opinion.

I know when you read all these posts you start worrying about every little thing. I see posts about eyeliner and tanlines and where to put your purse at the dinner table. (No offense to those who are thinking about all those things! I think about them, too.)

But I can tell you honestly that I have no idea what kind of shoes anyone at my table wore besides me. I am pretty sure they all had on clothes every night, but other than a couple of memorable dresses the other ladies wore, I hardly noticed. It was about the great food, the shared experience, and getting to know my new friends.

I felt like a million bucks every night, but I didn't spend a lot of money on my wardrobe. I got some dresses on sale at Sears, bought a $12 diamond bracelet, and slapped on a little extra eyeshadow on formal nights. On casual nights I wore sundresses, but could have worn almost anything in my closet back home.

And the service from the wait staff was superb. They figure out what you are going to need and have it there before you ask for it. (Thanks Tarik, Saul and Martin.) I know they work so hard, yet each night they manage to seem delighted to see you. And meals in the Trellis is really the only thing formal on the ship. The days are all very casual. I ate in the Trellis (main dining room) a lot because I enjoyed it. They welcomed me one day with nice shorts and a girly tank top. In the buffet restaurant I saw dry swimsuits, shorts, and flip flops all day.

I would highly recommend that round trip to/from San Diego. I live in Honolulu and love it here, but I will have to be honest that the Pride of Aloha has not been without its troubles. I hope they are getting worked out, but I don't know for sure. My parents decided to cancel their trip around the islands because of concerns about cleanliness and disease prevention. I couldn't send them off with a clear conscience at this time.

All of this is just my humble opinion. (Eyeliner ladies please don't be mad!) If you have any other questions for me, please feel free to ask. I check the Celebrity board and the Hawaii board pretty often. On the Hawaii board, Spleen, AhiBunny, and SueBee have lots of good info, also. You might want to post there and ask their opinions. All the best to you!

Hi LadyCajun,

I'm looking for a cabinmate on the 11/21 and 12/2 RCCL Legend of the Seas, 11/10 day Hawaii, Ensenada to Honolulu/Honolulu to Ensenada. Price is $599 per person per sailing date, which is an unbelievable deal. If you live in the Southern California area, taking it roundtrip from Ensenada saves you airfare. Let me know if you're interested. I'm 42 and very easygoing.

Tom Doherty

thomas.a.doherty@wellsfargo.com

888-710-0025 work

Archived