Question re Freedom Dining...

chrob

Can anyone who has done 'Freedom Dining' on Ventura explain to me what you do about tips/gratuaties.

Do you have to tip each night or is it automatically added to your shipboard account at the end of the cruise? If so, how much is added and is this 'set in stone' or is it negotiable at the purser's desk?

Chrob, I have not done freedom dining on Ventura, but can tell you that tips are automatically added to your OBC unlike club diners who can pay their waiters directly.

Regards

Gerry

The new edition of the P & O Brochure, page 227 states that if you opt for Freedom Dining on Oceana and Ventura an automatic service charge of £1.60 per passenger, per day, will be added to your ship board account for the Restuarant Stewards. This amount can be adjusted by visiting Reception.

There is usually a Guide to Tipping in your cabin folder which will give a suggested amount for your Cabin Steward. Hope that helps.

The new edition of the P & O Brochure, page 227 states that if you opt for Freedom Dining on Oceana and Ventura an automatic service charge of £1.60 per passenger, per day, will be added to your ship board account for the Restuarant Stewards. This amount can be adjusted by visiting Reception.

There is usually a Guide to Tipping in your cabin folder which will give a suggested amount for your Cabin Steward. Hope that helps.

Just realised that I was looking at the 2008 edtion of the brochure. Guide to tipping is on page 234 of the 2009 brochure but the amount is the same

Hi

We've just come back from our cruise on the Ventura and the tip was added to our bill. We could have asked Reception to delete/amend it but we didn't.

There were tips boxes in the Cinnamon Restaurant on the last day and I seem to recall they were also in the Waterside and Beach House cafeterias.

Hope this helps.

Gail

Archived