Anyone know anything about Powerboat Adventures?

vtroper

Tripadvisor.com has it as Nassau's #1 activity with alot of very favorable reviews. I searched 7-8 pages back on here and didn't see any mention of it. Anyone know anything good or bad about it?

Ha, well I guess based on the response to this, it's fair to say I didn't just overlook the thread discussing it.

I must say I'm surprised. My expierences with both Cruisecritic and TripAdvisor have turned me on to some really neat stuff and usually the things that are recommended on one board and confirmed on the other. I guess i just wanted to make sure that the guys that run the place just weren't going on tripadvisor every other day and pumping up their own ratings. I have seen them mentioned in many Bahamas books so I do know they're not a fly by night type of operation.

My wife and I will be taking our first "away from baby" vacation July 25th on the Norwegian Sky and are trying to decide between Powerboat Adventures excursion, going to Atlantis or going to Sandals for the day. We've been to both Atlantis and Sandals before so I'd love to get some info on Powerboat Adventures if anyone knows anything...

Thanks

I came across their website a couple of months back but I cannot remember the name. I am sure if you google it, you will find it rather quickly.

We ruled it out as an excursion on our upcoming Sky cruise due to the fact that it is very expensive AND it is a LONG excursion (meaning all day). I don't think we will be inport long enough to get the excursion in. However, upon your investigating if you come across more information please share it here.

Thanks!!

Renee

Yeah, I believe the Sky is scheduled to be docked in Nassau from 8:00 to 6:00 and the excursion itself is from 9:00 to 5:00. So while it is expensive ($190 per person) and would take all day, I believe it could be done.

Yeah, I believe the Sky is scheduled to be docked in Nassau from 8:00 to 6:00 and the excursion itself is from 9:00 to 5:00. So while it is expensive ($190 per person) and would take all day, I believe it could be done.

Are you doing this thru the ship? If not I would be very careful. I just read their latest info on their site: http://www.powerboatadventures.com/book.lasso

and it states that coming back is between 5:30 and 6pm. When going to out islands weather can make things very different. If on a ship I would not do anything like this UNLESS it was thru the ship. You could easily find yourself in Nassau without passports/clothes/extra money/etc.

It also stated that due fuel increases after Oct. 1 cost will be $199pp

Sounds like something great if staying in Nassau or on a ship that was in port all day and night like Sensation.

Good point Bob, something to consider.

Still, no one who has actually done this to validate whether it's worth the money or not?

I would think the reason you are getting no response is because it is impossible for most cruisers to do this trip. Try a site that is devoted to Nassau, not cruising. Try this one: http://www.bahamasissues.com/

or this: http://www.topix.com/forum/bs/nassau

Good Luck.

Archived