Celebrity Galaxy Cabins - First time poster!

This is my first cruise ever and I don't yet feel comfortable choosing a cabin. I know our TA got us a good rate for a category 6 oceanview on a Celebrity Galaxy ship. Any help at all on a good room which for us means quiet would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

For 138east....Cat 6 cabins are on deck 5.

Welcome Susie, we are glad to have you on our Cruise Critic [CC] boards.

First of all, if your cabin is in the 5020-5040 group you are a little far forward and under the Celebrity Theatre. Not bad at all but the closer you are to the center of the ship the better the ride, especially for a first time cruiser. The cabins are all the same size from Cat 4 through Cat 8 The pricing differential is based on deck and location.

For particular information about deck 5 and the ship check out several other forums on CC. Go to the RCI board and you will find numerous threads about the Galaxy. Then join your fellow sailors on the RCI Meet and Mingle board. They will welcome you with open arms and there are no questions that can't be answered somewhere on CC.

Again welcome,

A fellow sailing Susie [or Susan, but close enough]

• 3 months later...

Our cabin was 1098, we were a little aft of the middle we were under the resort deck we did not hear anything the cabin was very quiet, we did feel some movement because we were up high on the ship not bad.

I think you will be very happy on deck 5.

Enjoy

• 2 months later...

You can go to Celebrity's web site and view your deck and the cabin, as far as an upgrade I think as far as the ship upgrading your chances are not so good.

You will love the Galaxy, this was our first cruise and it was beyond our exceptations. Have a great cruise if I can help with anything please ask.

Archived