P&O newbie

CruisinEurope

Hello!

Currently I am booked on the NCL Jade for our Christmas holiday... but to due to some scheduling conflicts, it looks like the dates may not work out.

I came across the P&O Oriana and the dates are MUCH better - - but there isn't very much info (or reviews that I could find) of this ship.

I understand that it's a UK ship - and I am totally fine with experiencing different cultures, and understand that all things may not be done like in "typical" American ships.

What we're looking for specifically:

- good entertainment for a 30's couple

- good child center for a 5 and 7 yr old

- good food with a variety of options for both dining times & menus

- good gym & spa

Does this ship fit our "wants" ???

Thoughts, suggestions & tips would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Why not visit the P&O website, they also have there own Forum similar to this, on there main site at the top of the page you will see the word Community, click on it and then register to post on the forum. I believe you can read the posts without registering. Has all the information about all P&O ships you are likely to need.

http://www.pocruises.com/

Happy Sailing;)

Oriana is one of the best P&O ships but more formal than NCL. There are normally two formal nights, two semiformal and three smart casual nights per week. Dining in the evening is two sittings at fixed times in the main restaurants, either 18:30 or 20:30hrs, with reserved seating on designated tables. For breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea, there is no resrevations and you just turn up. There is the choice of a self service or waiter service restaurant. There is also a premium restaurant, Oriana Rhodes, with individually cooked food at a cost of £15 per person. There are also various snack type places for pizza, sandwiches, burgers etc. A special childrens meal is served at 17:15hr.

From what I have seen the childrens facilities are very good and the youth team are excellent and keep the children occupied all day and evening.

For entertainment, there are theatre shows every evening at 20:30 and 22:30. There is a large dance area, cinema, nightclub, and various other activities. There are lots of bars, some with live music some without.

There is a large gym at the top of the ship with sea views and spa, and several swimming pools. During the day, when at sea, there are activities on deck, various lectures on different subjects, or maybe piano concerts or similar. Lots of sunbeds available and the terrace decks at the rear of the ship are excellent.

You can find out more here

http://www.pocruises.com/Ships/Oriana/Overview.axd

Brian

I think you would be fine on Oriana. On both (not Oriana) ships we have been on the majority of the ships officers were British or Commonwealth. This is in contrast to a Celebrity ship which was largely officered by Greeks and no US except for the enterainment director.

The contrast was most noticeable.

Archived