Carnival Legend - Best Kept Secrets

FMCowboy

We are sailing for the first time on the Legend in September. For those that have sailed her before, what are some of the best kept secrets to do on the ship or to see on the ship?

IE: non-crowded romantic areas, best food, or show/event, or best times for a less busy pool or hot tub, best place to watch the sunset over the sea, or tips to make the cruise extra special or fun, that a first timer wouldn't normally know. Your assistance is appreciated as I want to make it extra special for my Wife. :cool:

thanks!

Al

DH & I enjoyed being out on deck at the adult pool area, Lido aft, for sail away and about any other time we wanted to just kick back and relax on deck. Nice quiet area with lounge chairs for sunning around a small pool and tables under cover to meet with friends, read a good book or just sit and watch the ocean go by.

Dianne

We are sailing for the first time on the Legend in September. For those that have sailed her before, what are some of the best kept secrets to do on the ship or to see on the ship?

IE: non-crowded romantic areas, best food, or show/event, or best times for a less busy pool or hot tub, best place to watch the sunset over the sea, or tips to make the cruise extra special or fun, that a first timer wouldn't normally know. Your assistance is appreciated as I want to make it extra special for my Wife. :cool:

thanks!

Al

Looking forward to your review when you get back. We sail her in April of 09

One of the things in the don't miss category is sailing under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge about 6:00-6:15 or so after leaving Tampa. It almost looks as though the ship won't make it under the bridge. Pretty cool sight to see. For the best seat in the house, go to the highest deck (Sky deck, I think).

If your wife is a chocoholic, she will enjoy the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake in the dining room. It's available each night at dinner.

Also, here is a thread with a lot of good information about the Legend.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=548900

I don't know if it is still there or not, but there was a hot tub in the gym/spa area that was seldom used and I loved to sit in there. There is also a large blown up picture on Atlantic Deck outside of Hollywood Blvd. It was taken sometime during WWII and it was of all the great stars from one of the big Hollywood studios (I think it was MGM but not sure.) I spent a lot of time looking at that picture trying to recognize all of the stars. Some were easy and some were very hard to recognize (there is a key to the picture next to it.)

I really really liked the Legend! I had drinks at the Atrium Bar.....now this was a while ago, but the bartenders there knew how to make a mean speciality martini!

thanks!

Al

I have 7 secrets about Legend.......

Secret # 1....Not telling the other 6 secrets.......LOL...I just had to....

Have a great cruse. Will be sailing on her next year......

No excursions planned yet. Were thinking of teh stingray city & snorkel in Grand Cayman and Cave Tubing in Belize, and a day at the Mayan Princess Beach Resort in Roatan, $10 per person day pass I read? What are some recommendations?

thanks!

Al

The aft lido pool is the adult pool and is normally very quiet and relaxed. Also right by the ice cream, which is convenient :)

The Legend goes under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge about 2 hours after sailaway and if you go up to the higher outside decks, you can get really good pictures. I think the ship clears it by 5 or 10 feet.

Check out the deli in the buffett. Excellent sandwiches and it gets crowded later in the week as people discover it.

The enchanted garden is almost always deserted.

Anywhere on the lido deck would be good for sailaway. The band was playing and people were dancing (at least until it started raining!)

We're going back next year so take good care of her for us!

The Legend was a great cruise!!! We loved her, the staff was incredible and the ports are great (and different from one another). We also loved the Adult pool area aft on the ship...was our regular hangout. Even though it gets fairly crowded during the day, it is a little quieter than the main pool. At nite it was almost deserted and just perfect...bar right there....very mellow.

Definitely watch going under the bridge....the bridge lights were out the night we went under, so was less spectacular, but very cool, nevertheless!

Carnival's site has Bon Voyage services where you can order things for your cabin if you wanted to do something special.

We did Sting Ray City in Cayman...very cool...would have been a little more enjoyable if the water hadn't been so rough that day.

We spent the day at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel and did the dolphin swim while we were there.....that was the highlight of our trip. The park is great....beaches, a pool with a swim up bar, mexican restaurants, a smaller replica of the mayan ruins that you can walk through, and some gardens.

Roatan is probably one of the most natural islands you will see on a cruise, but they are building it up quickly from what I hear. Much more of a mountainous tropical jungle than the others, and even though it is riddled by poverty, the people are nice and it was an awesome experience!!

Our tour in Belize had gotten cancelled, so we hung around the port. Next time I will make sure to go somewhere. Warning, ifyou leave the fenced in are of the port, the people are exceptionally aggressive in trying to get you to buy their wares....worst I have seen on any island!

You should love this cruise!!! We loved it so much, we booked another with the Saints & Sinners CC cruise group for Oct of next year! Hope you and your wife have a wonderful time!!!:)

Yeah we can't wait. I think we are going to grab a taxi to the Mayan Princess resort in Roatan and get a day pass there. I heard it is nice and only $10 bucks for use of their beach and chairs and fresh water pool. I heard snorkeling just off teh beach is great.

Al

Yeah we can't wait. I think we are going to grab a taxi to the Mayan Princess resort in Roatan and get a day pass there. I heard it is nice and only $10 bucks for use of their beach and chairs and fresh water pool. I heard snorkeling just off teh beach is great.

Al

Husband loves Roaton. Hope to go back next October with the Saints and Sinners Group. (They are talking about going to Costa Maya instead. I hope not.) We took a private tour around the Island. Went to an Iguanna Farm that was really cool. We were there in 2003.

We have been told stories about there being a bad undertow there in the Roaton area. I cannot speak from experience just what I have been told from other cruisers. Go have have and just be careful.

We took a bus to the Sea Grape part of Seven Mile Beach. It was beautiful!! It was $5.00 a person then we rented an umbrella and 2 beach chairs for $22.00. It was our favorite beach of the whole trip!! It was awesome!! In Cozumel, we did the mini jeep tour from Carnival. It was pretty cool because we drove rhinos to the beach and a couple of other spots. In Belize, we went to Bannister Island. It was a very pretty beach and not too crowded. In Roatan, we went through Victor Bodden and did an island tour. We saw the monkeys at his house and for the most part just drove around. We had planned on going to the iguana farm, but while we were going past the boat, we decided we'd just stay there.

Archived