Can anyone tell me about Cucumber beach ?

sunandfunatsea

We a gropu of 14 and only 7 are going cave tubing. The others want to go to a beach where we can meet after the cave tubing. Any recommendations.. the tour operator said maybe Cucumber Beach. They want to go to a beautiful kid friendly beach..

Thanks in advace for your info !!!

I don't think they will want to go there based on what I've read here. We plan to take an excursion to Spanish Caye or Bannister Island. That is where they should probably go for a family friendly, beautiful beach. I don't think they exist on the mainland.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=490495&highlight=cucumber+beach

I remember reading about Cucumber beach a while back on these boards. You may want to do a search using Cucumber as your key word. Read the link in the above post.

If I remember correctly, its a man made beach. If you want Caribbean style beautiful, then you'' have to go to one of the cayes. I would plan on one group going tubing and the others out to one of the cayes. However, I doubt there will be time for the group going tubing to meet up with the group going to the beach. I think you'll just have to give up on that idea since there just won't be enough time. If the group not going tubing goes to Cucumber Beach just to meet up with the group going tubing, I think they will be very disappointed.

Archived