Cruising Newbie

Hi Everyone ! :)

I am new here and new to cruising...gasp. We are looking to take our first cruise in March 09. We are looking at the Norwegian Spirit out of New Orleans. I have read horror stories about Norwegian on sites where people can leave reviews. I was hoping one of you may have been on the ship and taken the Western Caribbean cruise. Have any tips on Norwegian and picking a room and anything at all on this ship would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jennifer and Family

Hi Everyone ! :)

I am new here and new to cruising...gasp. We are looking to take our first cruise in March 09. We are looking at the Norwegian Spirit out of New Orleans. I have read horror stories about Norwegian on sites where people can leave reviews. I was hoping one of you may have been on the ship and taken the Western Caribbean cruise. Have any tips on Norwegian and picking a room and anything at all on this ship would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jennifer and Family

Did you read the reviews on this site? If not, select the Reviews link on the menu above.

Jennifer,

read the reviews on any cruise line and you will read horror stories, some have reason to be pretty upset, 80% or more are knit picking or expecting something that can not be delivered.

One more thing, if you read 2 or 3 reviews, all posted the same day or within 24 hours of each other and they happen to be very negative, read between the lines. often they are posted by the same person using different names or by the same family. Yes, it might be hard to beleive but this does happen.

When reading reviews, take the very most negatives,the totally positives and decide the cruise probably falls somewhere in the middle.

Nothing in life is perfect as you know, but if you go with an open mind, expect to have a good time, don't let little things bother you and in your case, understand you may be cruising during spring break with lots of families and kids, you will come back with a wonderful cruise experience under your belt.

Nita

I was a little leery on our first NCL cruise because I had heard that NCL is a low end cruise line. We decided to try it anyway because it had a good itinerary and price for our last cruise (and I listened to the wonderful people on this board). There is nothing to what we heard. We found NCL to compare favorably with our other cruises and are, in fact, going on NCL Spirit for our next cruise.

my review of this ship...same cruise OP is talking about..is in my signature, photos linked also.

we had a balcony cabin, the ones on deck 9 are great..cabins above and shops below. deck 10 is good, cabins above and below.

you want to avoid the cabins on deck 11, below the fitness center/spa..people have said they can hear the weights being dropped:eek: otherwise, it's all good.

when you read the reviews of NCL, read carefully...many complaints are things that aren't NCL's fault....some people just don't research and are surpised to find things different then what they know.

Archived