Okay....another Question

AZCAMM

We are booked on the Pride with a Balcony stateroom on the Upper Deck (deck 5), Starborad forward. In the diagram of the ship deck plans it appears that the lifeboats will be 1 deck below deck 5. Can anyone comment on this. I know the agent said we have a somewhat obstucted

view from the balcony but said that we would be able to look out "over"

the lifeboats. Again, any comments ?

I was on the pride 3 years ago but my memory ain't what it uses to be but I found this on the Carnival site

Balcony Staterooms with obstructed views:

UPPER DECK: 5142 through and including 5191; 5224 through and including 5239; 5241, 5243, 5245.

We are booked on the Pride with a Balcony stateroom on the Upper Deck (deck 5), Starborad forward. In the diagram of the ship deck plans it appears that the lifeboats will be 1 deck below deck 5. Can anyone comment on this. I know the agent said we have a somewhat obstucted

There you go listening to your agent again.. Personally, I would translate 'somewhat obstructed' to you may as well have an inside cabin.. ;)

If your cabin is a category 7A, it is obstructed. If it is a cat. 8 anything, it is not obstructed.

Dan

The way I understand it is, if you have a 7A cabin the lifeboats will either come up to the very bottom (floor) of the balcony or up to the top of the railing. It depends on what cabin you have as to whether the lifeboat comes up to the floor or even with the railing.

Archived