Food On Mariner Of The Seas

We just got off the Mariner on June 22nd. and the food was pretty good overall. The beef dishes were a little bland, but not bad, with the exception of the Prime Rib. The Prime Rib was very tasty. The sea food dishes were all good (so says my wife). We did the Windjammer for dinner of the two formal nights and it wasn't bad. They had a good choice of food and it tasted fresh. Also, try JADE if you are doing the Windjammer, they had some tasty Asian Fusion foods and some Sushi.

We just got off the Mariner on June 22nd. and the food was pretty good overall. The beef dishes were a little bland, but not bad, with the exception of the Prime Rib. The Prime Rib was very tasty. The sea food dishes were all good (so says my wife). We did the Windjammer for dinner of the two formal nights and it wasn't bad. They had a good choice of food and it tasted fresh. Also, try JADE if you are doing the Windjammer, they had some tasty Asian Fusion foods and some Sushi.

yum!!! does the Johnny Rockets have all the same food?

Johnny Rockets is a small fee and has the basic burger/fries/rings menu as in the states. I think it is $3.95 for the meal and soda/shakes etc are extra. Jade is free and part of the Windjammer buffet. I am sailing her on 7/20 and have heard MOS has a new dining room menu? Is it that different? What night is lobster night? It was 2nd formal night last time we sailed her.

Johnny Rockets is a small fee and has the basic burger/fries/rings menu as in the states. I think it is $3.95 for the meal and soda/shakes etc are extra. Jade is free and part of the Windjammer buffet. I am sailing her on 7/20 and have heard MOS has a new dining room menu? Is it that different? What night is lobster night? It was 2nd formal night last time we sailed her.

We were on the Western itinerary and lobster was served on friday. That was Cozumel and not the second formal night. Formal night was Monday & Thursday.

All the food on Royal Caribbean ships seems to be very similar to me. It's mostly all very good. :) I've been on 6 Royal Caribbean cruises. I'm going on my 7th and I don't notice much change in the menus in the dining rooms. But, maybe they will surprise me this time? Johnny Rockets is fun to try once. The Cafe Promenade is down on Deck 5.

I'm new to cruising, and wanted to know how the food was on the Mariner Of The Seas.

And what food is the best.

And what isn't so great.

I appreciate it.

Thank you (:

I thought the food was good. Nothing to write home about, but good. I usually take the opportunity to try things I normally wouldn't eat at home. IMO, Johnny Rockets was great! Great burger & onion rings.

Windjammer was okay. Good breakfasts and salads at lunch. Kids said burgers & hot dogs were good at Windjammer.

BBQ at Coco Cay was pretty tasty. (Don't feed the birds!)

Room service offers a chili dip, which DS said was delicious.

Let me put it this way: The food was better than what my family gets at home! In some ways the service compensates for the food. Although the food was good, nothing I had in the dining room was blow-me-away-great. Still the service was excellent and our table-mates made the experience most enjoyable. We ate in the dining room every night except one. I cannot recommend Chops enough. We have cruised RCI several times and never tried Chops--Our Loss! It was fabulous! Great food, great service! Sadly, I remember when the service in the dining room was that good. . .

The dining room food is banquet quality (think Holiday Inn or Hilton). It can be good or very average - I think it depends on the supplies and the kitchen staff. You won't go hungry - there are plenty of choices. I like the mushroom puff pastry appetizer and the onion tart appetizer.

The Windjammer is a buffet. I don't expect great things from buffets. The salad bar is good (add a little from Jade). The hot dishes are hit or miss. Ditto the fresh fruit. I do like the french fries. You can have eggs to order in the morning.

The cookies are good. And I really like the cinnamon rolls - not too sweet. The ham and cheese sandwiches at the coffee place are quite good.

Chops is our favorite sometimes we go twice. And we also go to Portofino when on one of the ships with the alternative restaurants.

We have been cruising for over 20 years so we have seen the changes in the cruise industry. The fabulous food from the old days is gone - but the prices for cruising is so much more reasonable today. And you get great entertainment, large cabins, TVs, and food is available 24/7.

Have a great time - the Mariner is a great ship. We are looking forward to having her within driving distance.

Archived