Family Cruise Europe June 09

zorro

As long as their are other teens onboard- your teen will have fun on a cruise. However, having traveled with a teen (15 yr. old)- I can tell you that expensive trips with teens may be a disappointment.

Teens are ultra concerned with appearances. They don't generally enjoy hanging out with adults. So quite frankly, you might be wanting to wring his/her neck.

Unless your child has specifically expressed interest in traveling to Europe- I'd leave them home or choose a Caribbean cruise where teens abound.

Not sure if this is relevant but we live in Europe and have cruised the Med. European schools don't usually get out till late June/early July. If you think it's better to have more teens onboard, you may want to specifically book a N. American cruise line and/or go in July or August.

Hi

Any ideas about cruising in Europe for about a week +/- with a teenager?

We live on the east coast.

Thanks

zorro

I would recommend the med over the baltic for kids. My suggestion is to take a cruise longer than a week to really relax. Durations from 10-14 nights are great. If you can afford it, also take some time pre or post cruise to explore one area in a bit more detail. Barcelona, Venice, and Rome have many departures all summer long.

Good luck!

We were on the Carnival Freedom last summer for a 12 day Med Cruise. My teenage daughter had a wonderful time. There were always kids hanging out at the Club 02. On the Freedom, it even had its own "bar" inside serving complimentary sodas to the teens most hours. She knew to join us for dinner and for shore excursions on port days, and everyone was happy.

Archived