Choosing your cabin?

sarahvch

Ok for us cruising is new and this will be our first time. We are planning a four day trip from Miami on the Sky. We want to stay in the AA cabin (I don't see anything higher than that on any of the dates although I thought they had larger owner suites). I'm not sure what this cabin is called, we chose it because it had a private jacuzzi on the balcony. It seems to be offered on two different decks. How do you decide which deck you want? I looked at the floor plans but they seem almost the same. Do you have a better view the higher up you are? Also I have read in other threads that some views are obstructed. How do you know for sure that your view won't be obstructed? Can you call them and ask?

Also I keep reading about the "upgrade fairy". Are there ways to get a better deal on your cabin?

Thanks for all your help. We are so new to this and just feel like we know nothing.

Ok for us cruising is new and this will be our first time. We are planning a four day trip from Miami on the Sky. We want to stay in the AA cabin (I don't see anything higher than that on any of the dates although I thought they had larger owner suites). I'm not sure what this cabin is called, we chose it because it had a private jacuzzi on the balcony. It seems to be offered on two different decks. How do you decide which deck you want? I looked at the floor plans but they seem almost the same. Do you have a better view the higher up you are? Also I have read in other threads that some views are obstructed. How do you know for sure that your view won't be obstructed? Can you call them and ask?

Also I keep reading about the "upgrade fairy". Are there ways to get a better deal on your cabin?

Thanks for all your help. We are so new to this and just feel like we know nothing.

Welcome to cruising 101 :)

After looking at the deck plans for the Sky I'd have to say the owners suite is the AA. If I was sailing in it I'd want the uppermost deck cabin (if available) as the only thing above you is the bridge. You would not experience an obstructed view other than in an ocean view obstructed and that will not happen in the owners suite. Well, the view is as limited as the balcony will allow at the front of the ship - in other words, you will be able to see where you are going and to each side of the front of the ship from your balcony (hope that makes sense)

As for the upgrade upsell fairy - no one can say when they will call - however, if you are already in the AA on the Sky there will be no call as it is the highest cabin/suite on the ship (no garden villas - unless they've put them in during dry dock - but I doubt it) Personally, if I was sailing I'd want the AB - that is one huge balcony - but no hot tub.

Enjoy your trip.

Archived