In your Opinion what is the quality of the food on MSC

Janan

I plan on taking a Caribbean cruise next year on the Orchestra, lately I've heard people saying some good things about the food. So I figured I would come to the experts the "cruise foodies" if you will.....How does MSC "stack up"?

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

I unfortunately can't speak from personal experience but we have asked several other cruisers about their experiences.

One guy hated it, but others have said it was excellent. I think it boils down to personal tastes. From what I understand the menus tend to cater more to European palates/norms as opposed to North American ones.

I've been curious to try it to see how it compares to some of the other lines I've tried.

• 2 weeks later...

We went on MSC last year and the menu was Italian from a different region each night. Even though I just came from several weeks in Italy 2 months before, I enjoyed most of the food at dinner. The wait staff was wonderul and VERY accomondating to my dietary needs/food allergies (maybe because I could speak conversational Italian?). You can always get the staples,steak, chicken, etc. Breakfast and lunch not very inspired, but the fresh pizza station was nice. Bring bottled water/drinks as they were not readily available outside of dining hours like on other cruises. Overall, do not expect it to be an "American style" cruise. :o

Thanks for the response....I'm going to go with no preconceived notions about the food or the experience for that matter...just interested in what others think....the good, the bad and the ugly!:D

Anyone else!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised the MSC Opera a couple three years backs when it sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Each night at dinner there was in addition to all the regular courses served on the other lines, a Pasta course with a couple of choices. I tired of the red sauce after a night or two. I'm not sure why, but there was an herb or spice in it that wasn't fond of me.

They also had an excellent fried mixed seafood on the buffet.

The buffets also had a very nice carving station with different choices each day.

The bread is also excellent, with several offered each night for dinner.

One of the other benefits of MSC at that time, was that you could buy a bottle of liquor in the shops and take it immediately to your room if you chose to.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived