Mount McKinley Sunset

JPCruising

In 2004 I was blessed with a beautiful day of viewing McKinley including watching the sunset. My day in Talkeetna this year started out as a gray overcast day and by lunch it was raining. Later that afternoon the skies cleared, out came the sun and McKinley. It was a wonderful afternoon and night viewing, photographing, and flying up to McKinley. That evening I had a fantastic flight with glacier landing thanks to Talkeetna Air Taxi. To truly get up close I recommend a flight with glacier landing. After the flight we had dinner at the Alaska Lodge where we were staying and my wife and I stayed up until midnight to watch the sunset behind

Talk119.jpg.892e68a338a2d782e17ecbc49a5fc564.jpg

Talk067.jpg.27f3d353beeae4f2e73c9363fa12bee5.jpg

JPR, Thanks so much for sharing your very special pictures of your recent trip! I so remember when I began to research our first trip to Alaska in 2004. It was my husband who wanted to go to Alaska; not me. Then I started to research our May 2005 Cruisetour (#13) on Celebrity. One night I started to view your pictures; right then and there I fell in love with Alaska. Oh yes, in less than a month, we'll be back again on our 3rd trip! This time we're spending 3 nights in Hoonah and then 7 days exploring the Kenai Peninsula!

I've only had time to view the pictures of your flightseeing tour over Mt. McKinley. Some of my favorites were Talk040; 063; 106; and then 107. I realized there were just too many to keep track any longer! Thank you for a wonderful trip down memory lane. I remember thinking the pictures could not possibly be real; the views just couldn't be that spectacular. Then we did a flightseeing and I saw the marvels of creation for myself!

Thanks again for sharing your pictures back in 2004 which began my love affair with Alaska!

Hope I can sleep tonight!:)

SEPyle, thank you for your very kind words. I have really enjoyed sharing my photos of my travels and since posting my Alaska 2004 pictures I know I have helped sell many a person on Alaska. I feel blessed to have been to Alaska twice and I am looking forward to returning there several times more in lifetime.

Archived