Question on getting seasick on lacation of cabin

kdh123

Right now I have 3 cabins booked on the Conquest going out of Galveston, 7 days Aug. 9, 2009. My cabins are on the empress deck--7210, 7214, 7209. They are inside cabins.

I have heard you can feel lots of movement in the front up high of the ship. At the time of booking they didn't have any mid-ship on the empress.

My brother-n-law get seasick. Would it better to see if they have any cabins on the Riviera deck mid-ship or can you feel lots of movement there too? I have heard several things. Can you even down grade once you book. I haven't paid in full yet.

Right now I have 3 cabins booked on the Conquest going out of Galveston, 7 days Aug. 9, 2009. My cabins are on the empress deck--7210, 7214, 7209. They are inside cabins.

I have heard you can feel lots of movement in the front up high of the ship. At the time of booking they didn't have any mid-ship on the empress.

My brother-n-law get seasick. Would it better to see if they have any cabins on the Riviera deck mid-ship or can you feel lots of movement there too? I have heard several things. Can you even down grade once you book. I haven't paid in full yet.

Supposedly the closer you are to the middle of the ship and the lower you are on the ship, the less movement you feel....so if he has cruised before and gotten seasick, you may be better off with Riviera. If he hasn't been on one of the huge ships with the stabilizers, he will be surprised how little movement he will feel, unless the weather acts up! Good luck!

Lower and midships is always the best bet but, that being said, the Conquest is a VERY stable ship.

Should one of your party be prone to sea sickness there are a variety of remedies available to avoid it. Lots of folks swear by those acupressure bracelets. Other use Bonnie or some such over the counter remedy but there can be side effects.

A little research here will show that a great many people use ginger capsules with great success. The students in my flights would often resort to ginger to avoid airsickness during USAF pilot training so I'm sure it's very effective...

Hey Kdh123; come join our roll call on this cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=780503

Look forward to talking to you!!;) :) :D

Archived