What is your favourite Med cruise?

We are planning a 2 week Mediterranean cruise next June/July. We don't mind East or West Med or which cruise line except we would probably prefer one of the newer ships, such as Ruby Princess or Celebrity Solstice etc. We don't mind which ports or where the cruise starts or ends. Does anyone have any suggestions of their favourite cruise and their preferred ship and why you enjoyed it? Thank you

Such a subjective question and you'll find a few other threads asking a similar question here. A lot depends on what you like to do and see in ports. We happen to prefer the smaller ships, entertainment is low key but you get to some ports the larger ships can't get to and less lines on board. My suggestion is to decide on at least one city that is a must do for you, then look for cruises that start or end near there and spend a few extra days pre or post cruise to really explore that one city. Two years ago we did a Rome to Istanbul 12 night cruise and loved it, tons of history and ruins which is right up our alley, we spent a couple of days in Rome pre-cruise and a couple in Istanbul post-cruise. Next year we're doing a Venice to Rome 12 night cruise, 4 ports outside of Italy and the rest in Italy, we'll be spending a few days in Tuscany and then Venice pre-cruise and a few more days in Rome post-cruise. We really enjoyed our time in Italy the last trip and looked for something to give us even more of a taste of it for the next trip.

I'll take Celebrity over Princess any time...Of course, that's a matter of personal preference...And the Solstice, of course, is brand new...

My favorite cruise of any kind I've ever taken was a Venice to Barcelona itinerary on the Celebrity Millennium five years ago...

And, we've got our second Oceania Med cruise coming up next summer...but that's mostly for the intriguing and different itinerary...but, there cruises are great as well--though I still prefer Celebrity for a number of reasons...

BTW, I've cruised Europe on Princess, Celebrity twice (very soon to be three times) and Oceania once (to be twice by this time next year)...So, I guess I'm a veteran Europe cruiser...

I'll take Celebrity over Princess any time...Of course, that's a matter of personal preference...And the Solstice, of course, is brand new...

My favorite cruise of any kind I've ever taken was a Venice to Barcelona itinerary on the Celebrity Millennium five years ago...

I prefer Celebrity over Princess too, but we liked the Greek Islands cruise oitinerary on Princess better than the Barcelona to Venice on Celebrity. Read my cruise notes for details.

Archived