Carnival Glory - Room 1452 - any insights?

mandolyn

Hi!

Just got our room assignment on our sailing on the Glory. We're so excited for our cruise, but I'll be 14 weeks pregnant when we go and I'm a little worried that the location of the room (the very back of the ship, Riviera deck) will be difficult on my stomach. Anyone ever stay in this room? Was there excessive vibration or ship motion?

Thanks,

Mandy

1452 on the Riviera Deck is the very last cabin on the port side aft. The good news is there will be no traffic outside your cabin. The downside is it is along way to the front of the ship from there. And you MAY be bothered by the propulsion thruster noise being at the very back of the ship. We were in 1305 on our cruise in April and really enjoyed the location. In fact we are going again in October (Western route this time) and have selected a cabin in the same area again. We like being located between the forward and midship elevators;

Hi!

Just got our room assignment on our sailing on the Glory. We're so excited for our cruise, but I'll be 14 weeks pregnant when we go and I'm a little worried that the location of the room (the very back of the ship, Riviera deck) will be difficult on my stomach. Anyone ever stay in this room? Was there excessive vibration or ship motion?

Thanks,

Mandy

Its a room with a bed,bath,tv.

Considering that it sails every week,I am pretty certian that someone at some time did stay in this room.

Try the cabin selection catagory.Thats what its for.

I think that is a new room they just added. It used to be a storage area for all the broken plumbing equipment(used toilets,septic tanks, ect.) But the heavy rocking made all the stuff fall over all the time so they had to relocate it. Then to make extra money they turned it into a cabin. Just by moving some stuff around, laying down some carpet, bed, and some throw pillows. I think you will be the first ones to use it. Write a review when you get back and let us know........

We just got off of Glory, and we were in 1411 and our friends were in 1417. We had windows, which I insisted on. We usually have balconys, but this was our "economical" cruise. Anyway, there is tons of storage in the cabins. But if you need more, be sure to look under your couch, because there are two drawers there, too! We didn't use half of the drawers and cabinets that were there.

There's plenty in the bathroom, too.

We were not as far back as you'll be, but we were getting there. The last set of stairs that goes up will take you right to the Lido dining area, and to one of the pools. That's nice. And depending on which dining room you're in, that staircase may take you to it, also. The furthest forward we had to go was midship, which takes you right up to everything. It's not a very long walk. You'll pass the laundry room. The only time we ever went to the front of the ship was for disembarking at ports and for the spa and Supper Club.

I would rather have been back where you'll be for the noise factor. You will hear some ship noises, and they're fairly loud, but they are the kind of noise that you quickly get used to and tune out. Like a train, only not that loud. It's the people walking down the hallway laughing and yelling that wake you up, or, in our case, the unsupervised 8 and 9 year olds right across the hallway who like playing by slamming the doors of their cabins.

You'll have a blast!

Shay

p.s. be sure to find the fish and chips!

Archived