Carnival Dream anyone?

CeleBrat

Just got some interesting info about upcoming new ships, of which the Carnival Dream is one:

Carnival Dream, Carnival --- September 21, 2009 --- 3,646 passengers

When it launches, the 130,000-ton Carnival Dream will be the largest vessel in Carnival's "Fun Ship" fleet. Featured among the 4.5-star Dream's services and amenities are a two-level miniature golf course, the WaterWorks aqua park, the Piazza -- an indoor/outdoor cafe and live music venue -- and extensive children's and teens' areas with program activities for three age groups. Adults will enjoy the 23,750-square-foot Cloud 9 spa, Carnival's largest health and wellness center to date, as well as the scenic whirlpools extending beyond the ship's beam. The Carnival Dream will offer several new categories of staterooms including "cove" balcony staterooms located close to the water line, deluxe oceanview staterooms featuring two bathrooms and spa staterooms and suites with exclusive amenities and spa privileges.

Wonder just how big those "extensive childrens' areas" will be?

Also--one of the new Costa ships will have a roller skating rink. How fun!

It looks like many cruise lines are wanting to compete with the Disney/RCCL "fun" factor.

CeleBrat

Yep--will do. I've already checked pricing several times, but just can't bring myself to book yet. I think I'm waiting for the next big Carnival sale...

And--I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that it is sailing from Port Canaveral b/c that is only 40 minutes from our house. Glad to see some of the ships being switched out from that port.

CeleBrat

Yep--will do. I've already checked pricing several times, but just can't bring myself to book yet. I think I'm waiting for the next big Carnival sale...

And--I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that it is sailing from Port Canaveral b/c that is only 40 minutes from our house. Glad to see some of the ships being switched out from that port.

CeleBrat

A friend of mine just booked. Now I have to go check out these prices. :D

Hi ladies,

How does the price compare to Oasis? That is a tough choice to make!!! I just booked the Independence on Nov 19th for 4 days so I could break kids in for the Freedom June, 2009!!! My RCCL cc is getting quite a work out!:D

Oasis prices aren't out yet but I am willing to bet ya that the prices of Dream are ALOT lower than Oasis. When I priced it the Dream's prices started at $659pp

Some are estimating that Oasis will start higher than $1,500 pp for the lowest category for the first few sailings.

But no one knows until RCCL gets off their duff and releases the prices.

Archived