Cabot Trail Help Please

The Cabot Trail excursion while docked at Sydney - has anyone taken this? It is a full 8 hours and pricey, so I want to check in and see if you liked it or not. I have been reading that the Cabot Trail is fantastic and would like to see it.

Thanks!

Took it last week and will never take an all day bus tour again. The sights were lovely however my husband and I (late 50's) found the bus very uncomfortable for such long periods of time. The following day we took a private tour in Halifax that was 6 hours in a van and the difference was like night and day. Just being able to have bathroom and strethcing breaks when you need them was a big relief. IMO, it would be worth the extra money to take a private tour of Cabot Trail rather than endure the bus experienc. I will say that the lunch provide was good...choice of salmon, chicken or veggie wrap with fruit cup and cookie.

The Cabot Trail excursion while docked at Sydney - has anyone taken this? It is a full 8 hours and pricey, so I want to check in and see if you liked it or not. I have been reading that the Cabot Trail is fantastic and would like to see it.

Thanks!

Bear in mind that if it is a foggy day you will not see anything on the Cabot Trail and your money, which you pay in advance would be wasted. People who are in the area for several days can pick their day to do the trail but you will only be there one day. It really is fantastic--- if you can see the scenery, but since you only have one day, you might want to consider taking an excursion to the Fortress of Louisbourg, which is very impressive, and can be enjoyed in the fog or the sunshine.

I know shorexes can be very pricey and you want to make sure you get your money's worth.

I am also indecisive about what to plan to do in Sydney. If we book the shore excursion and the weather is bad, we are stuck with it. If we don't book the tour, we have to take our chances on a taxi being available at the pier. Other threads on this board have discouraged us from driving ourselves, and the private tour companies want payment in advance. Knowing that sometimes port visits are cancelled, we are not willing to take that chance!

Bartcruise: what ship are you on and what date? We visit Sydney 8/26 on the Eurodam.

Archived