Coral Princess Gym Questions?

Does anyone have the specifics on the Coral Princess Gym? How many machines, what types and brands, etc? I am going on an Alaskan cruise later this month on the Coral and I am starting to get anxious about being able to keep up my cardio routine.

I have also read here that they gym can fill up and you have to sign up to use machines? :eek: Is that true, and how long are the time slots? I am not the type of person who can spend 30 minutes on a machine and be happy, I typically spend a few hours a day at the gym between cardio and weights and I really don't want give that up totally?

Also, does anyone know the hours of the gym? How early does it open?

Thanks so much!

We were on the Coral the end of May and you are right, you do have to sign up for machines if you want to go during the busier times (early mornings I noticed was a busier time). If you go early afternoon, no sign ups. I think they have 6 or 7 treadmills, about the same elipticals, some bicycle machines. I didn't count how many cardio things there were, this is a "guesstamation". I don't think you'll have trouble getting in the gym if you are flexible.

Jill

• 1 year later...
Does anyone have the specifics on the Coral Princess Gym? How many machines, what types and brands, etc? I am going on an Alaskan cruise later this month on the Coral and I am starting to get anxious about being able to keep up my cardio routine.

I have also read here that they gym can fill up and you have to sign up to use machines? :eek: Is that true, and how long are the time slots? I am not the type of person who can spend 30 minutes on a machine and be happy, I typically spend a few hours a day at the gym between cardio and weights and I really don't want give that up totally?

Also, does anyone know the hours of the gym? How early does it open?

Thanks so much!

Hi Margo35

I've posted our review under fitness & recreation cruise reviews, from our 14 day Panama Canal Cruise on the Coral Princess, back in March 09. We were always in the gym first thing in the morning, for our weight work-outs, 6 or 7 am. We would do a few miles out side on the promenade deck every day. The gym has very adequate cardio equipment and not too busy. Always used the stairs for 2 weeks, no elevators, and did lots of laps in the pool when they were not busy. Purchased our Couples Thermo Suite passes first day, and enjoyed the steam rooms daily. We indulged in all the wonderful food and deserts and didn't gain any weight :p!

I think you'll enjoy your cruise and have great work-outs. the Coral Princess is a great ship :D Good Luck! :D

Archived