Baseball All-Star Game on Sea Princess?

Simru12

Ahh but I'm sure he such a gentleman that he would not allow a female to buy drinks for him and would insist on buying for me - therefore I would save money! Just to prepare you HappyScott, my pre-dinner drink is Bombay & tonic; followed by at least one bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape with dinner and Rusty Nails to follow.

Oh cripes.

Agnes! We'll have to sell another daughter!!!

:cool: my good man, the reason why we americans saved you from hitler and the japanese is... was answered by your own prime minister, tony blair to parliment , " there are only two defining forces that have offered to die for you, 1. Jesus Christ and 2. THE AMERICAN G.I. nuff said. see you on the high seas, redbeard

:cool: my good man, the reason why we americans saved you from hitler and the japanese is... was answered by your own prime minister, tony blair to parliment , " there are only two defining forces that have offered to die for you, 1. Jesus Christ and 2. THE AMERICAN G.I. nuff said. see you on the high seas, redbeard

Ah yes, that was the war you joined two years after everyone else........just in time to watch the Russians win it for us. Still, better than WW1, when you joined 4 years after everyone else (and STILL won it single-handedly apparently, wow). If this trend line continues, you might even make it to the start of WW5 dead on time. But never mind, it was awfully decent of you to join in against the greatest evil ever to face mankind. Eventually.

By the way, Japan is quite a long way from the UK, and I don't think an invasion was imminent, at any point. You on the other hand seemed to have had a spot of bother with them. I think we helped (along with the Indians, Chinese, Aussies and Kiwis to name a few) a little bit to save you from them, didn't we (you did the islands - good work - we did India and Burma)? And if you're really interested, which I don't suppose too many here are, an invasion of Britain by Hitler never really got past first base either thanks to the combined efforts of the RAF and the terrible weather in the English Channel. By the time you lot turned up Hitler had long since turned his attention to matters Russian, and Germany was more likely to invade Peru than the UK. But why spoil a good myth?

Who's Tony Blair?

And what's all this got to do with Brits not wanting to watch girly American sports on TV?

:D :D :D :D

Run for the hills!

happyscot, i forgot william wallace died for you too, though your relatives sold him out to that earl of bruce fellow for the land you spoke of. as far as ww2 you are correct,timing is everything. lest you forget it was the americans that kept you supplied with every resource you had including fuel [that the japs had cut off from you. can you say singapore?] and from starving and from being invaded till the time was right to get our feet wet at normandy . i guess the raf could have thrown stones at the luftwaffe without american fuel [and tires as the japs cut off your rubber supply too]? the war would have been over a year earlier if we would have let patton do his thing instead of letting montys whinning brilliance prevail for op market garden? yes it was a brilliant stroke to let all the russians die instead of us. and comrade, i am sure the russians would have stopped in berlin as well if we were in a weakened state or not there to defend the rest of you. and speaking of girly games wasn't that how chamberlain played with hitler to begin with? i have british friends that we cruise with and visit every year and they say your all jealous and hate them too? the scotts that i know and like prove this out. where is the love? can't we all just get along? there is a much larger threat these days. we need to agree to disagree on the small stuff and all agree to protect each others families. we are all each other have. ps just for the record i am a big chelsea fan. go chelsea!!! ;) see ya

happyscot, i forgot william wallace died for you too, though your relatives sold him out to that earl of bruce fellow for the land you spoke of. as far as ww2 you are correct,timing is everything. lest you forget it was the americans that kept you supplied with every resource you had including fuel [that the japs had cut off from you. can you say singapore?] and from starving and from being invaded till the time was right to get our feet wet at normandy . i guess the raf could have thrown stones at the luftwaffe without american fuel [and tires as the japs cut off your rubber supply too]? the war would have been over a year earlier if we would have let patton do his thing instead of letting montys whinning brilliance prevail for op market garden? yes it was a brilliant stroke to let all the russians die instead of us. and comrade, i am sure the russians would have stopped in berlin as well if we were in a weakened state or not there to defend the rest of you. and speaking of girly games wasn't that how chamberlain played with hitler to begin with? i have british friends that we cruise with and visit every year and they say your all jealous and hate them too? the scotts that i know and like prove this out. where is the love? can't we all just get along? there is a much larger threat these days. we need to agree to disagree on the small stuff and all agree to protect each others families. we are all each other have. ps just for the record i am a big chelsea fan. go chelsea!!! ;) see ya

This could be fun, but we'd better stop or we'll get into trouble. Just remember though, that when you fought for 6 years, nearly two of them all alone, and most of your cities were bombed to shreds, etc, etc, etc, one does get a little fed up constantly being told actually it was Tom Hanks, and Tom Hanks alone who won the war. The rest of us see WW2 as a combined effort where proportionate to size of population, some small countries (eg Australia, NZ (read about the Anzacs contribution to WW2)and Scotland) lost far, far more men than the US. Russia lost between 20 and 30 million - think about that - and the fact that that was a weekend's work for that idiot Stalin is neither here nor there. Only the US portays WW2 as some kind of altruistic rescue act for which the rest of us have to be perpetually grateful and really sorry that we didn't do better. In 1939, the US had one of the smallest and most inexperienced armies in the world - you know that - and had you had the misfortune to share a border with Germany, they would have taken you out with a company of panzers. Both of us, to a large extent, were saved by accidents of geography. Those ****s were good, especially in the early years.

But yes, you did do awfully well when you eventually turned up, and we thank you for the partnership. Just give some thought to how these things come across to the rest of the world, and we might like you even more than we already do. We're told that your media never mentions the British casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan - proportionately, they are higher than yours, and our young lads - including many around my way - are dying in an act of solidarity with the US. Let's hear a bit more about that, and less about how you saved our sorry asses 70 years ago.

The American effort at Market Garden was superb. Neither of us knew that THE crack German SS panzer division - at that time, unquestionably the finest troops in the world - had just moved for R&R to Arnhem. That spelled doom for the 101st and the British paratroopers, but had it worked, your grandpappy and mine would have been home for Xmas 1944. C'est la guerre, there's no need to find scapegoats.

Chelsea - great team, but always seem to finish second.

As for all the anti-Scottish stuff: you have great mickey-taking potential, I could teach you much..........

Feelin' the luuurrrvvveee across the sssseeeeaaaa.

Pax, Bro.

hey happyscot, i guess they are going to play tonight. as far as that other stuff i agree with your last post as i despise the media coverage of the all star game as well. i am not a chest beater either but we, team usa , see alot of the world we have tryed to help take advantage of us and forget what we have done for them in the past and they just want to know what have you done for my baseball team lately G.B is a true friend and not one of these. as i said, we are in it now as we were then, together. you remind me of my good good british friends we talk about this stuff all the time and just like the rest of us you give or take no quarter. thats what makes talking about the phychie of baseball so fun. we would love to have you and the mrs join us jan 16 on the grand so we can all solve the worlds problems and talk a little sports. it would be grand. see you on the high seas,redbeard

Archived