? about edocs

I made my reservations through an online TA. Now, I'm getting worried. I paid for my cruise well before the final payment date, but have not receiced anything from NCL. I tried to view my edocs, but it says that they are not ready. My sailing date is 9/7. Should I be concerned?

I made my reservations through an online TA. Now, I'm getting worried. I paid for my cruise well before the final payment date, but have not receiced anything from NCL. I tried to view my edocs, but it says that they are not ready. My sailing date is 9/7. Should I be concerned?

did you do cruise only? or did you book flights through ncl?

I booked cruise only and i go on 20th Aug, my TA says ncl do not do e docs if you do cruise only but that i will get all tickets and stuff via TA.

dont know how true this is!!

can you pre-register? on NCL.com, go down to "advance guest registration"...if it lets you fill it out, you are fine.

your TA may still have your cabin as part of it's group price/reservation. you may want to talk to the TA and make sure you have a NCL reservations number, not the TA's number.

I had this happen to us two weeks ago, for our 8/3 cruise. I called my online agency, they called NCL and I was able to pull it up while on the phone with the agency. Don't know what the problem was, but calling the agency worked for me.

hmm - I did do "cruise only", so that may be the issue. I do have a registration number and was able to do the advance registration, so I'm glad that's a good sign. I have emailed my TA, but have not received a response. If I don't hear from him in the next few fays, I will have to call.

Thanks for your responses!

double check your spam file, on your email account. NCL sends a email with a link to your edocs...many miss it when it gets deleted by their spam program.

it's nice to have the tickets...some of us have had run-ins with the local security at the docks. they aren't NCL employees and some of them have a rule that everyone shows their tickets!!! NCL has never asked me to show anything. you don't really need tickets or bag tags...but it's nice to get them. luggage tags may come in the mail, a couple of weeks before your cruise, if not, print the ones from the edocs or get tags at the docks. it all works.:D

you still have a lot of time, don't fret too much.

I wouldn't worry, we are booked on the 8/30 cruise and paid our final payment well in advance and got our edocs via email about two weeks ago. We did however, register on the NCL website.

I forgot to add that we booked through a TA and were "cruise only"

Has anyone ever done cruise only? would this effect you E-Doc's like my TA said?

thanks x

Mine are always cruise only and I get EDocs. I have never paid in full before the final payment date but always get the edocs a few days after final payment is made on the due date.

did you do cruise only? or did you book flights through ncl?

I booked cruise only and i go on 20th Aug, my TA says ncl do not do e docs if you do cruise only but that i will get all tickets and stuff via TA.

dont know how true this is!!

some TAs like to take care of their passengers themselves..printing up the edocs or whatever. having eveything go through them and then they send it to the customer.

but, yes, NCL does do edocs...for cruise only. i always do flights separate.

i don't know how NCL handles flights/tickets..?

I am in the same boat as you (excuse the pun):rolleyes:

I sail on Aug 9th and still cannot retrieve my edocs even though I filled in the advance registration ages ago and it's all saying complete.

I too booked through a TA and I am suspecting that even though the balance has been paid to the TA, they haven't yet paid NCL directly.

I am going to chase it today

I think the vast majority of folks are CRUISE ONLY - just a guess. I know we always are. We have gotten paper docs sometimes, and not some others. No sense or reason.

As mentioned above, do the ONLINE REGISTRATION. Once that is done, you are done. If you never get anything else, bring a copy of that with you in case some rent a cop wants to see it to get into the terminal.

Thanks to this thread I decided to recheck my advanced guest registration form to see if anything had changed.

I'm glad I checked. It said I was missing two items - even though I've completed the forms completely 3 times now and each time it said the form was complete.

First time a line about language spoken had been added. This time there was a question about having cruised NCL before. I'm positive I had answered that before. Also another question about citizenship appeared to have been added.

I also had called to book an anniversary package about a month ago and the NCL agent told me that they were working on the reservation...

I'm going to give it until next week. If we don't receive our edocs I'll phone.

Leaving on 8/17.

Seems like there is no rhyme or reason to this process...everyone is getting different results. We are on the 9/7 sailing with lampchoplady. We used a local TA, and made the final payment a few days before the deadline. I never received an email, but could access my edocs about a week later.

If you are concerned, I would call NCL and see where they say the hang-up is...then go from there.

I filled out mine ages ago and as soon I completed them they were ready to print out. I did not want to print them out b/c it was so early. I am sailing in August too.

What you filled out was your registration. Your actual edocs will be available shortly after final payment.

Have a great cruise!

That's what concerns me. I'm paid in full, but can't generate edocs.

I wouldn't really worry for a couple of weeks at least. Have you checked on the roll call to see if others have them yet?

I wouldn't really worry for a couple of weeks at least. Have you checked on the roll call to see if others have them yet?

i'm worried as getting mixed reports...

been told i dont get e doc's as i bookes cruise only (this is what TA said) but on here i have been told i should get them.!!!!

Thanks

i'm worried as getting mixed reports...

been told i dont get e doc's as i bookes cruise only (this is what TA said) but on here i have been told i should get them.!!!!

Thanks

i would talk to your TA and talk to them...? that you have talked to others, that travel on NCL...that book cruise only...and they get edocs after final payment is made. i have been wondering if your TA is confused: people who book flights/transfers with the cruiseline, don't get docs until very close to the cruise time?

your TA may have told NCL to send everything to them...that they will send you your tickets/docs. you may be under a "group" booking that doesn't show on NCL under your individual name/number.

Archived