Carnival's Latest Innovative Feature

According to Cruise News Daily, the Carnival Dream will offer whirlpools that extend out over the ocean. Where do they come up with these new and innovative ideas?:D

If you go on Carnival's website, click on "find a ship", then click on the Dream, you will be able to take a nice little tour of photos. One of them shows an artist rendering of these hot tubs, which are adjacent to the new sidewalk cafes.....

I wonder who comes up with these brilliant ideas? Carnival or NCL execs?

I guess that are having a hard time coming up with new and innovative ideas. I know for sure RCI is not, I am just look at the Oasis, and we've only got 3 neighborhoods.

if you look at the pics on carnival's site, the extending whirlpools extend over the lifeboats so they don't look very exciting! The whole design of their new ship is very blah compared to OotS

What's interesting is how all the die hard CCL and NCL fans always downplay these RCI innovations on the Voyager/Freedom class ships. But when these same "borrowed" innovations (i.e., rock climbing wall, water park, adult area pools and extended whirlpools) are introduced on these cruise lines, these things are immediately embraced. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just goes to show that other cruise lines recognize RCI as being the most innovative cruise line in the industry.

but I wish CCL's concept of waterslides on every vessel would be picked up by more of the other so-called family friendly lines. I imagine the H2O zone on the Freedom Class will be alot of fun for my little guy, but he will surely miss the slides that Carnival has. I have read reviews that state the H2O zone is geared mostly for the younger crowd- say toddler (potty-trained of course) thru about 7 or 8 years old although it is used by some younger and older than stated. I know firsthand the slides on CCL are enjoyed by a larger age range of folks, including many teens and adults. More mass appeal I guess than the waterpark.

Maybe RCI can come up with a new and innovative way to cram a water slide on deck between all their other stuff? Now THAT would really be fodder for the masses on the other boards. Let the innovation begin.

Carnival recently added a flow rider at Grand Turk. :)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1397673/grand_turk_flowrider/

That they did and they are also charging to use it.

Tickets to the FlowRider are sold on board through the shore excursion desk on ships calling at Grand Turk. Carnival expects to offer FlowRider tickets online in the near future. Prices are $24 for body boarding for a half-hour on the ride and $34 for hour-long stand-up surfing sessions.

What's interesting is how all the die hard CCL and NCL fans always downplay these RCI innovations on the Voyager/Freedom class ships. But when these same "borrowed" innovations (i.e., rock climbing wall, water park, adult area pools and extended whirlpools) are introduced on these cruise lines, these things are immediately embraced. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sounds somewhat similar the the difference between the Republicans and Democrats!!:D :) :D

That they did and they are also charging to use it.

Tickets to the FlowRider are sold on board through the shore excursion desk on ships calling at Grand Turk. Carnival expects to offer FlowRider tickets online in the near future. Prices are $24 for body boarding for a half-hour on the ride and $34 for hour-long stand-up surfing sessions.

HOLY CRAP!!!!! That is just TOO MUCH! Make that an all-day rate and maybe I'd consider it.

Anyone reading who would consider paying this price? I mean, I tend to be on the, um, well, CHEAP SIDE.

According to Cruise News Daily, the Carnival Dream will offer whirlpools that extend out over the ocean. Where do they come up with these new and innovative ideas?:D

So why post this on the RCI thread? Just wondering.:confused:

Archived