Sandals in the dining room question

sunlover12

I'm trying to figure out what shoes to pack. Oceania says that sandals in the dining room is not allowed. I'm assuming that means flip-flops and beach sandals but what about dressy sandals? Any help or advice is appreciated.

I wear sandals to dinner each night while on the ship. They are dressy thong type with wedge heels or heels less than 2". I have never once been concerned about this. Now if you have a desire to wear the spongy dime store flip flops, then you might have a real problem......

One of the nice things about cruising on Oceania is their Country Club dress code. It's the primary reason we don't cruise on many of the other upscale lines. As long as you dress as you would for a nice restaurant in your home town, then you shouldn't have a problem. We rarely eat in Tapas at night but I do believe that you can dress very casual if you dine there.

Have fun and relax about packing a suitcase full of shoes.

Karen

I wear sandals to dinner each night while on the ship. They are dressy thong type with wedge heels or heels less than 2". I have never once been concerned about this. Now if you have a desire to wear the spongy dime store flip flops, then you might have a real problem......

One of the nice things about cruising on Oceania is their Country Club dress code. It's the primary reason we don't cruise on many of the other upscale lines. As long as you dress as you would for a nice restaurant in your home town, then you shouldn't have a problem. We rarely eat in Tapas at night but I do believe that you can dress very casual if you dine there.

Have fun and relax about packing a suitcase full of shoes.

Karen

I absolutely agree. There was previous discussion here and I must admit I was a little concerned recently when we travelled that the Oceania 'Shoe Police' may object to my 'dressy thong/sandals' when dining, but this was not the case:)

I have to wear flat shoes all the time and, as you know, (and as I have learned) there are daytime sandals and there are dressy sandals. I have never had a problem wearing dressy sandals in the dining room or anywhere else. Penny

Archived