Pricing not on Princess site???

fpat

Just went to princess.com and no pricing is coming up for any cruise, web site glitch or repricing?
This happens quite often. Check back later or tomorrow, it usually doesn't take long to show back up unless they are doing some repair to the website.

This happens quite often. Check back later or tomorrow, it usually doesn't take long to show back up unless they are doing some repair to the website.

Thanks, looking at 2010 and thought they might be raising prices :confused:

I just went on the Princess site and the prices for the Ruby are different than they were today. Cat BD is more than Cat BC' date=' BB, BA. Does this make sense? Anyone have any answers please let me know.[/quote']Happens all the time, I have even seen balcony's the same or even lower price than insides.

I just went on the Princess site and the prices for the Ruby are different than they were today. Cat BD is more than Cat BC' date=' BB, BA. Does this make sense? Anyone have any answers please let me know.[/quote']

Supply and demand. As one category sells out, even if that is a lower category, the price will go up on that category stateroom. Often, a lower category can be higher than any above it if it is selling well.

I have been observing Princess' pricing of cabins for some time. I amazed at the sophistication and complexity of the Pricing Model they use and it is based on past data. My observation: When a cruise "appears" likely to have an overall lower demand, then a higher category goes for a lower price (like BA less than BD). Most who have already booked BD at a "then" higher price are often given automatic upgrades in this situation (without even the TA requesting or rebooking). Much later, after the upgrades, BD will go on sale. Same with minis suddenly becoming cheaper than balconies on some cruises. Pricing is based on "anticipated" demands for each category at each price point for each cruise.

Keep looking at prices even after booking -- it is fascinating.

Cat BD is more than Cat BC' date=' BB, BA. Does this make sense? Anyone have any answers please let me know.[/quote']

I just went on the Princess site and the prices for the Ruby are different than they were today. Cat BD is more than Cat BC' date=' BB, BA. Does this make sense? Anyone have any answers please let me know.[/quote']

What date for the Ruby was it where you saw this. Thanks in anticipation.

Archived