Leaving on Sun Princess on Monday

Lestel

Hi

I haven't posted for ages and it was so exciting to see my countdown now only showing 4 days!!! My Mum & I are on the first leg of S814 which is scheduled to depart on Monday at 4.00pm. The cruise is for 75 nights( I think) but we are only on for 3 nights from Sydney to Auckland. I haven't joined the roll call as I do feel we are a bit like imposters just sneaking on!!:D

I have booked a family Xmas cruise on the Pacific Sun but when I saw the bargain price for this leg on the Sun Princess, I thought it would be a great way to celebrate with my Mum for her 70th birthday. My hubby is hoping I do enoy it and still come with the rest of my family in December!!;)

Mum & I fly to Sydney on Sunday, we are going to the Billy Elliot musical and then boarding on Monday - hopefully she will be more on schedule than her last couple of sailaways. When you are only on for 3 days you certainly don't want to miss out on a few hours! We have an inside cabin forward on Baja deck - only a few steps from the secret balcony!!!

We will be staying with family in Auckland for a few days and then returning to Adelaide - this time by air!

It has been wonderful and so helpful to read all the reviews that are posted here - thankyou so much to everyone. The recent live updates from the Sun Princess from S&D and now Tommy & NSWP have been fantastic, it makes you feel your cruise has already started.

I won't post from onboard, with only 3 days I don't want to spend it on the PC - too much like home, but I will post a review of our "mini" cruise when we return.

Thanks again for all the input from our cruise regulars - maybe I'll get the bug and become one too!!

Lesley (& Evelyn - my Mum)

xxx

Archived