water question

shellieg

This might be a stupid question, but here goes.

I know that you have to pay for soft drinks onboard, but how about bottled water? Do you have to pay for a bottle of water and if you do, can you buy a water card like you can a soda card...or is it the same card?

Thanks for not laughing

SG

This might be a stupid question, but here goes.

I know that you have to pay for soft drinks onboard, but how about bottled water? Do you have to pay for a bottle of water and if you do, can you buy a water card like you can a soda card...or is it the same card?

Thanks for not laughing

SG

Bottled water is available but there's a charge. It doesn't fall under the soda card and, to the best of my knowledge, there's no water card available.

The drinking water on board is of excellent quality. I'd just bring along a favorite water bottle and fill up as necessary!!

That is a suggestion that Carnival should listen to.

Why not have a Bottled Water Fun Card. They could charge accordingly. They could charge 40$ for the card for the week. Use it like a soda card.

I guess that is why most people bring a case of water with them. You can get a case for 4-5$ as opposed to only getting 2 bottles of water on the ship for that amount.

If you decide to bring your own water, place a luggage tag on it, and send it with checked luggage. MANY people do this.

I have never had a problem with the drinking water served on a ship. However, we were just on the Pride a couple of weeks ago and the water was horrible! I thought it was 'just me', but it was so bad that they served bottled water in the supper club and others at our dining table chose to drink iced tea or soda with dinner. It tasted salty or fishy, or something. Don't know why. Guess you just have to try the water on the ship and make your own decision.

No water card. I just took my own case in a small rolling suitcase checked with the rest of my luggage. Many porters are now refusing to accept drinks with a luggage tag on them. So unless you want to carry it on yourself it's best to pack it in something.

The water on the ship, as Mach said, is excellent!! I drink a lot of water, and have never had a problem with the ships water. I don't bother bringing it on with me... I just buy a bottled water on the ship and continue to fill it up with the free stuff :p Bringing several cases on doesn't appeal to me... I already take on way too much as it is :p

My problem is that I have never liked plain water...so I take my own Nestles' tropical fruit water. No calories, etc., and I don't mind taking a 12-pk. in my carry-on.

I take about 12 waters with me along with 12 pepsi in a rolling suitcase and check it in checked luggage.

I have an allergy to most filteration systems because of Sulfa purification. So i have to drink Spring water. If the water is boiled, or froxen i don't have a problem with it. Only drinking from the tap bothers me. Once it is frozen or boiled, it seems to deminish the sulfa and it does not bother me as bad. but to drink it straight up, causes me problems.

I also take propel, or some other kind of flavoing packets with me for my water.

That is a suggestion that Carnival should listen to.

Why not have a Bottled Water Fun Card. They could charge accordingly. They could charge 40$ for the card for the week. Use it like a soda card.

I guess that is why most people bring a case of water with them. You can get a case for 4-5$ as opposed to only getting 2 bottles of water on the ship for that amount.

If you decide to bring your own water, place a luggage tag on it, and send it with checked luggage. MANY people do this.

Maybe Carnival does not want to contribute any more than they must, to the INSANITY of paying $10. or $12. dollars a gallon for TAP WATER in a bottle.

Dan

Archived