Black Prince 28th Sept

bossmum1

Hi anyone else going on the Black Prince on 28th Sept. or have we made a big mistake. We was told by our TA its a great ship for our first cruise, but we have read many reviews most are bad. ooops im sure there must be others booked for this cruise. Or its going to be a lonely cruise for us. lol

I am sure this is a good ship for a first cruise. It is somewhat basic but it has a good number of plus points. The food will be excellent and the service equally so. She is a real ship not a floating hotel so it will give you an idea of really being at sea. The Scandinavian officers will ensure that you have an enjoyable cruise. Bon voyage.

• 1 month later...

Though I have travelled widely by sea over the years - such travelling has been confined to scheduled services and coastal day cruises.

This year I decided to do a proper cruise and I chose BLACK PRINCE as my introduction to proper cruising. First of all she began life as a ferry and for someone like myself who is used to ferry travel she appeared to be a good place to start.

Anyway I have today - just returned from a round Britain cruise and thoroughly enjoyed the experience and I am currently planning a trip for next summer on board her - I enjoyed it so much!

She does tend to appeal to older people - so if you want to escape kids (I am a teacher!) I would certainly recommend her - there were none on board and it was the middle of the summer school holidays.

I chose this trip as I wanted to travel on an interesting old ship, which had an interesting itinerary. I too had seen some negative reviews but I had also heard a good one one from someone I knew.

I wasn't disappointed! The BLACK PRINCE crew are first rate.

I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I did and will want to go again!

John

Thank you John for your comments on the Black Prince, so refreshing to read your thoughts. Coming from Knott End in my youth i travelled the Ferry to Fleetwood omg some really bad crossings only on the boat for few moments, I know it doesn't compare to the Black Prince. We choice the Black Prince to get away from children, We get enough with the grand children. lol. I have read many reviews about first cruises being a total nerve racking experience so its a bit off putting to read bad reviews about a ship, At the end of the day its what you make of the holiday. We are hoping to Do the cruise round England Which ship did you cruise on.

Happy Chrissy.:)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that, im sure we will enjoy our first cruise with Fred Olson. I think thats why TA adviced us for our first cruise, going from Liverpool. 1hrs travel away for us. I get bored in the car going to the Lake district lol.

Thanks for that, im sure we will enjoy our first cruise with Fred Olson. I think thats why TA adviced us for our first cruise, going from Liverpool. 1hrs travel away for us. I get bored in the car going to the Lake district lol. Would have like to chat here with others going on our cruise but hey all you guys have helped with alsorts of question. I will report back when we return.

Chrissy

• 3 weeks later...

Archived