Questions re: Blu on Solstice

sunnyjack

Lee Ann ~ I think you are right....the excitement frenzy will continue to grow with each passing week. I have to admit I've been looking forward to the cruise for some time but after having the chance to see things in person and chat with crew members who will be on board, that excitement level has gone up even higher!

Belle ~ I don't think what you've posted is how they plan for it to work at the outset (like any new feature, I think things are subject to change once they have a chance to see how it all works). My impression in talking with Celebrity staff at this point in time is that Aqua Class quests are automatically assigned to Blu (early or late seating) for their dinner. Think of Blu as another room of the main dining room (it's not but think of it that way). When you book an Aqua Class room you are assigned to Blu for you dinner seating so my guess is that Blu will be pretty much filled prior to sailing with Aqua Class passengers.

If AC passengers which to switch out of Blu and move to the Grand Epernay, they will need to attempt to make the change with the Maitre 'd upon boarding. I got the impression they cannot do this ahead of time as the Grand Epernay is reserved for all the other guests not booked in AC class.

I believe (and again, this is from my conversations and could change) that suite guests wil be able to dine in Blu on a space available basis once they board and they know the capacity of Blu for the cruise. I'm not sure how they are going to account for passsengers dining in other alternative restaurants throughout the cruise to determine what kind of space may be available in Blu each evening. Whether a suite guest will be able to say they want to dine in Blu for the entire cruise, I'm guessing that, too, will be based on availability. If all the Aqua Class cabins aren't booked, I would think Blu would be open to Suite passengers next. I'd like to think they have it all worked out...but like anything this new, we'll have to wait and see. I was told they had originally planned to allow other guests to dine in Blu on a space available basis and they've changed that. So I think we'll probably not have all the answers until they see how it will all work. Remember, this is a whole new adventure for everyone working on this as well. Think of it as an "adventure" :)

I must say....I love the china for Blu...VERY fun!

uktog ~ I don't believe suite guests are going to be able to make a request to dine in Blu pre-cruise. Suite passengers will be able to eat there on a space available basis and I'm guessing they won't know what that is until very close to each cruise or until you are on the ship itself.

If you look at renderings of Blu on the Celebrity website: http://celebritysolstice.com/#/dining/specialty/blu you'll see mostly tables for 2, 4 and 6. Again, keep in mind that these are renderings and the final table formats could be different. Sorry, I didn't ask anything about the table arrangements in Blu

Anne ~ Were you able to determine whether Blu will be open for lunch and/or breakfast?

Archived