Pools open during embarkation?

Armandocme

Most of the ships I've been on have been empty of water when I boarded. I don't believe they filled them until we were well out at sea. There were still some folks sitting around the pools in lounge chairs having toddies and getting some sun.

We have been lucky!

The pools have been open on our latest cruises with the kids. On our Second Triumph cruise, the kids didnt need to explore, as they already knew the ship... they were in the pool at Noon!

It was the only time all week they had the pool to themselves and they loved it!

The funniest thing was seeing our then 5 yr old climb all the stairs to go up and down the slide, while everyone was just getting on board. He was the only one on the slide for over an hour... getting all the attention from everyone with thier Fun Ship Specials!

Catrin

I think it depends on your port of departure. If its a nice weather area then yes. And if the water from the ocean is clean there...lol

Guess that explains why the pools have been empty on my Galveston cruises!

When we were on the Miracle in June the pools were open. Unfortunately, I was told that they would not be and did not have the suits on the carry on. To top it off, it was 90 plus when we embarked. I have learned a lesson though and will make sure we have suits with us on all our future cruises. :)

HECK YA! On all my cruises I have been on the pools where open when we boarded!

I go through check in/security in my bathing suit! Get on board, hand family the essentials and run to the pool!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
The pool was open all night too as were the hot tubs!

I hope that is the case....they seem to always close them early on nights I want to hang out without the crowds. It happens every cruise.

50/50...I've seen them both ways...empty and full. We do not use them until we're out at sea anyway...its so hectic sometimes that we pass on it. I understand everyone being excited to finally be aboard with family and friends, myself included :) but we hit up the cheeseburger line instead! :)

The pool was open during embarkation for the Inspiration. The Water Works area was not up an running until around 12:30 or 1pm. The large slide was a lot of fun! The Carnival videographer caught me going down the large slide (in slow motion as I made a big splash at the end) and included me on the video for all to see on their TVs! My 5 year old daughter got excited everytime she saw me on TV.

Archived