PC dining on the Star

scperk

I've been reading all the problems about "anytime dining" on the Diamond. We are sailing on the Star October 31st and I'm wondering if they were having the same problems about seatings and reservation as they are having on the Diamond?? Dennis

We were able to get a standing reservation for a table for two for 24 nights at 6:30- 12 nights it was in the Capri on deck 5 and 12 nights in the Portofino on deck 6. (We followed our waiter when he changed dining rooms on the second of our b2b cruises).

We generally left the dining room about 7:45 and there were 4 or 5 people in line (don't know if others had pager lights) EXCEPT on formal nights when the line was miles long. The "Patter" suggested reservations for formal nights. When in the Portofino Dining room it would fill up around 7 pm - it opened at 6:30.

HINT: the Capri dining room on Deck 5 never had anyone waiting and there were always lots of empty tables the entire time we were there - it opened at 6:00. People for some reason don't go down there they just go to Deck 6 mainly because the Portofino dining room is where breakfast and lunch are served.

Due to the port intensive itinerary the opeing times were pushed back from their normal 5:30 and 6:00 openings.

We are going with a group of 9 and we wondered why we would have to make reservations if we wanted to dine at a different time. We probaly will have to decide if we need to make reservation with a group that large...Dennis

Dennis -- we did pc with a group of 12 and I would strongly recommend you head straight to the Maitre de upon boarding, survey the room, pick your table and reserve...... You may have to track him down but it is worth it. earl

That's what I'm wondering earl..When we went on the Grand a couple of years ago, we called in the morning and made resevations for that night. Some of our group have not been on a cruise and I guess we just need to see what time most of them want to eat....Dennis

Archived