Majesty vs. Balcony Lovers?

pasta lover,

DH and I were in cabin 710 in December. We never heard the outside doors slam, in fact the cabin was very quiet. We loved being able to go outside first thing in the morning to enjoy our coffee. If you book on the Promenade deck make sure you draw the curtains when the lights are on in the cabin. When the lights are off you cannot see in, but when they are on...:eek: .

We're going on the Majesty in May, 2009 for the last sailing out of CHS. I've been looking at those deck 6 bow cabins and the pics posted by Radio were interesting; it looks like a skylight inside of a window. I know it could be rough in the front, but we would like a nicer cabin (cruised twice out of Boston w/ 108 sq ft.) We're now booked with a midship Cat. E, but I'm going to upgrade to either a CC on the promenade or one of those deck six forward. Could you please give a review when you return and help me decide? Also, anyone who's sailed in a promenade cabin , do you hear much of slamming doors w/ people going in and out to deck? Thanks so much; have a wonderful cruise-the Majesty is great and Bermuda awesome.:p

MOJO

We're booked in 601 (bow cabin) at the end of September. AAA likes these cabins, so we'll see -- and I'll be sure to post a review.

Well, you could look into the Dream, which DOES have balconies and DOES go to Bermuda. We looked into both the Majesty and the Dream. We went wioth the Majesty in part because, while we love balconies too, we are saving a lot of money by not getting one. We figure we'll use the saved money to treat ourselves in other ways.

Well, you could look into the Dream, which DOES have balconies and DOES go to Bermuda. We looked into both the Majesty and the Dream.

We just got off the Majesty yesterday. When we were leaving Bermuda we sailed past the Dream (really, we "inched" past the Dream since we were still in St. Georges Harbour) and several passengers were counting the balconies on her. Only SIX on each side! :eek:

So if you want one, I guess the motto is, move fast!

Sue

Thanks so much; even though we've cruise on the Majesty to Bermuda, we would love to have a nicer cabin. We don't pack a lot and get along fine, but it seems those bow cabins would be neat. Let me know if people are right outside your windows on the deck , because that's the way I felt when we went to the front - I saw the windows and thought they may be suites. Have a great cruise; I'll be anxious to here your review.

MOJO:cool:

Well, S#!% Thanks, anyway, Foxtrot; if we get a deck six bow cabin, I'll post a review for you:cool: !

MOJO

Thank you will look forward to it( get it forward):rolleyes:

Thanks for the warning Redhead Texan. Wife' has a habit of running around in her birthday suit. :eek: Being in aft cabins has never been a problem.

We just got off the Majesty yesterday. When we were leaving Bermuda we sailed past the Dream (really, we "inched" past the Dream since we were still in St. Georges Harbour) and several passengers were counting the balconies on her. Only SIX on each side! :eek:

Sue

That's why the Dream balcony's are more expensive than the Dawn balcony's-fewer of them :eek:

Foxtrot, your DW is not the only one that goes around in her birthday suit. As soon as we got into our cabin I turned on all the lights and went outside. I could easily see my DH from the rail. We made sure that our shades were drawn when the lights were on.

BTW, I could not see him when the lights were off unless I pressed my face to the window. I figured if someone is that desparate to see my chubby:D self, then enjoy the show...;)

I've always had a balcony. I won't book a cruise on the Majesty to Bermuda for just that reason. I couldn't stand being cooped up with no wind, sea air, a place to sit and watch the waves. It just isn't going to happen for me. Just thinking about it makes me feel claustrophobic. I always sit outside at home too.:)

Sue

Aren't those BA balconies on Deck 8? I think the suites on Deck 11 have balconies, also.:confused:

Archived