Medical statement

I know that we have to complete some sort of medical statement before boarding, to try and prevent noro and other nasties.

How far back in your medical history do they ask for? We leave in just over 3 weeks, and we've got the dreaded gastro thriving here at the moment. If they only want to know about the previous week, we should be pretty safe, but if it's a month, we're up the proverbial :eek:

I've looked through the conditions, but can't find anything. I'm sure one of you will know though :)

Thanks la1982 and Karen. I was assuming that we'd be fine, until someone else (not on CC, a relation who will stay nameless :rolleyes:) told me that it was a month :eek:

If it's two weeks, things will get interesting. DH hasn't had it yet. He usually gets things about a week after everyone else, and then (of course :rolleyes:) gets it 10 times worse, lasting twice as long!

Well, if that's the case, the kids and I will be fine, and we can wave to him as we sail off :D:D

DH hasn't had it yet. He usually gets things about a week after everyone else, and then (of course :rolleyes:) gets it 10 times worse, lasting twice as long!

That's coz he's a male:D

I know that we have to complete some sort of medical statement before boarding, to try and prevent noro and other nasties. How far back in your medical history do they ask for?

Hi Croydon Cruiser,

I have just asked two other people what period the questionnaire refers to. They both said it was 48 hours. :):)

How many people do u think are going to say they have had it in the last 48 hours.? Filling out that form whilst already having put u bags in the luggage collection, and waiting to board the cruise u have booked a year ago thats cost u a couple of grand?

Icy

Jenny, I'd love for you to join us, but if it's only 48 hours beforehand to worry about (thanks again Ela for asking around!), I think you'll be out of luck! Hubby should be well over it by then :D

Thanks for your good wishes Drelix. DH hasn't got it yet, but I'm hoping he gets it soon so that it is over and done with. He's been known to hatch illnesses for ages, then finally come down with it weeks after everyone else! So, the sooner he gets it the better really. :rolleyes:

LOL Icy! It might be a bit hard to deny if you're rushing off to the loo every few minutes while waiting to board! I would think though that very, very few people would be honest enough to admit it. Although, they may not be aware of the consequences of owning up. I don't know exactly what's on the form, but there's nothing in the conditions. They may not realise they'll be thrown off until it's too late :eek:

my girlfriend was telling me about this the other day......her last cruise last year was going to be her last Hoo HAA before they started having kids and they found out the night before they left that she was pregnant.

When she filed out her form she was honest and said she'd had the runs since the night before.......then they waited three hours for the dr to come....she told the dr it was the shock of being pregnant (which it was) and she waltzed onboard.

It ruined their first day though, sitting there waiting for three hours....so she said no matter whats going on say you haven't got any symptoms LOL

I had a fast onset migraine on my first cruise within an hour on getting on board. I was in the toilet throwing up praying no one would come in and march me off.

Luckily with my nasal spray i was back on deck for sailaway with cocktail in hand. If only all my headaches disappeared that quick

Archived