Onboard check-in for post cruise flights

bobsydney

I have seen references in CC to people checking in for their post-cruise flights while on the cruise, obviating the need for them to queue up at the airport to check their bags. This seems like a great arrangement and one that I hope I can take advantage of on our Carnival cruise from/to SJU next May. Alas, I have had trouble finding out what the rules are, so am hoping some experienced CC’ers out there have the answers, as they usually do!

My questions:

1) Does Carnival offer this service on SJU cruises and which airlines do they do it for ... particularly interested in Jet Blue but would think about flying with another carrier to LA just to get this deal?

2) Is this luggage express service available for all flights on debark day, or just those before/after certain times?

3) Does Carnival restrict numbers, meaning that we would need to apply on board to Percy earlier than later?

4) Any other restrictions (eg to US citizens only)?

Thanks

Bob

You may want to post your question on the cruiseline board for the luggage-handling programs that every cruiseline now offers - meaning your luggages will be sent directly to the airport and you can just walk off the ship. Not every airline participate in such program, though.

The other thing is people use the internet cafe on board the ship and check-in online, have their boarding passes printed - so when they get to the airport, they just need to get their luggages checked in at the Kiosk or at the curb.

I have seen references in CC to people checking in for their post-cruise flights while on the cruise, obviating the need for them to queue up at the airport to check their bags. This seems like a great arrangement and one that I hope I can take advantage of on our Carnival cruise from/to SJU next May. Alas, I have had trouble finding out what the rules are, so am hoping some experienced CC’ers out there have the answers, as they usually do!

My questions:

1) Does Carnival offer this service on SJU cruises and which airlines do they do it for ... particularly interested in Jet Blue but would think about flying with another carrier to LA just to get this deal?

2) Is this luggage express service available for all flights on debark day, or just those before/after certain times?

3) Does Carnival restrict numbers, meaning that we would need to apply on board to Percy earlier than later?

4) Any other restrictions (eg to US citizens only)?

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob, we used Luggage Express offered by Carnival on our Carnival Spirit cruise that ended in January this year. My recommendation would be to email Carnival directly to find out which airlines participate in the program. We flew Alaska Airlines, so I know they participate, but I don't remember if JetBlue was on the list. There was a definite list of airlines that do and do not participate with this fairly new Carnival service.

Maybe someone on CC still has their paperwork from Carnival that lists the participating airlines, but it seems like that paperwork was part of what we had to turn in to the cruise line in order to sign up for the service. At this point, I would just email Carnival directly to see if it's offered on SJU cruises.

Thanks Tara, think your idea of emailing Carnival is a good idea. Haven't had much success posing the question on CC, it may be as you say ... the paperwork that has details of participating airlines is the one you have to hand in.

Archived