No $10 shop on the QV

liketravel

I was disappointed on my recent trip on the QV to find no $10 shop.

I like 100's of other passengers loved visiting this shop on the QE2, lots of gifts etc etc to purchase for friends, & myself.

So why isn't one insitu ??.

liketravel

Sadly I will not get a chance to sail on the majestic QE2 again so I will not be able to comment on the $10 rise to $15 on further afield destinations.

I have to add that when I enquired about the famous $10 shop & did QV have one; I felt my request was some what not appreciated - I was then some days later somewhat horrified at the mass of people rushing to buy what I can only describe as cheap awful tatt on the Russian bazaar tables (awful nasty dolls, Xmass Decorations, painted boxes etc..etc)

so please Cunard if you are going to sell cheap products at least sell it with some class.

Has the QM got a $10 shop??.

liketravel

Has the QM got a $10 shop??

Jimmy I thought the shops were awful - small all bunched together no natural light & little choice.

Also the prices of drinks seemed to have hiked up since last year (again I can only compare to the QE2).

So Cunard did not do well from us this year in the shops.

liketravel

Sadly I will not get a chance to sail on the majestic QE2 again so I will not be able to comment on the $10 rise to $15 on further afield destinations.

I have to add that when I enquired about the famous $10 shop & did QV have one; I felt my request was some what not appreciated - I was then some days later somewhat horrified at the mass of people rushing to buy what I can only describe as cheap awful tatt on the Russian bazaar tables (awful nasty dolls, Xmass Decorations, painted boxes etc..etc)

so please Cunard if you are going to sell cheap products at least sell it with some class.

Has the QM got a $10 shop??.

liketra

Hardly:eek:

No, Cunard's flagship does not have a $10 shop. It has very elegant high class shops.

Unfortunately It does have those awful market stalls which they set up all through the main shopping areas. You will find people who have forked out thousands of dollars for a cruise fighting over a $5 T-shirt!

The sooner Cunard get rid of all this the better.

liketravel

On my QM2 Caribbean cruise in April, the $10 had also become $15...

liketravel

On my very first post on this forum in June of this year I was a little disparaging about this 'car boot sale' aspect of Cunard and I had my wrist soundly slapped for it. Has the climate of opinion changed while I wasn't looking?

Gari.

HI GARI ,

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE WITH YOU ... I AM FED UP WITH GOING ON NUMEROUS CRUISE SHIPS WERE EVERYONE IS DRESSED LIKE TAILORS DUMMYS WEARING THEIR ROLEX`s AND SPEND THE EVENING DIVING AT TABLES FOR A £ 5 BASEBALL CAP THAT HAS NO DOUBT BEEN MADE IN CHINA !

I WOULD NOT BE AGAINST ONE WEEKLY "MARKET" AT THE END OF EACH CRUISE BUT IT SHOULD COMPRISE OF QUALITY ITEMS CAREFULLY SELECTED BY THE CRUISE LINE .

CHEERS AND HAVE A GOOD CRUISE MATE ...

On my very first post on this forum in June of this year I was a little disparaging about this 'car boot sale' aspect of Cunard and I had my wrist soundly slapped for it. Has the climate of opinion changed while I wasn't looking?

Gari.

Oh, Gari! You were not slapped, you were spanked!:D Now quit trying to stir up trouble!

To be honest, I found the sales tables in front of the shops and up and down the main walkways quite shocking and not at all in tune with the elegance found throughout the QM2. And when I looked to see what was being sold on those tables, I couldn't believe it. There is better quality with better prices found at a blue-light special in K-Mart.

Why do they find a need to do this?

Ladies and Gentlemen I would just like to say, sincerely folks, Thankyou ,thankyou, thankyou to all my loyal supporters. It makes me very humble.

Gari

Humility? From the Gari-meister? Well, knock me over with a feather! Gari, come on, man! What's happended to your sarcastic wit? Oh, right, the above was such. My bad, I'll get me coat!

Humility? From the Gari-meister? Well, knock me over with a feather! Gari, come on, man! What's happended to your sarcastic wit? Oh, right, the above was such. My bad, I'll get me coat!

LOL

What's happening in my favourite city, how are they all getting along without me SM?

"I'll get me coat"?? Have you been anglicised sir? And please, no puns on that verb.

G.

icon7.gif

"I'll get me coat"?? Have you been anglicised sir?

No, he's been Scotticised - I happen to know the lunatic that he got the phrase from (actually, so do you now that I come to think of it).

Gari have a terrific cruise on QV. Hope you enjoy the ship and the intinerary as much as we did.

Jimmy

No, he's been Scotticised - I happen to know the lunatic that he got the phrase from (actually, so do you now that I come to think of it).

Gari have a terrific cruise on QV. Hope you enjoy the ship and the intinerary as much as we did.

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy I'll do me very best.

G.

Archived