Best itinerary for snorkeling?

bogforce

St. Thomas is a good snorkeling spot, particularly if you take an excursion to nearby St. John. I'm not terribly familiar with Carnival itineraries, but I thought the snorkeling on Virgin Gorda (usually you would dock in Tortola and ferry over) was fantastic - it would be an excursion to The Baths.

Grand Cayman is a fun snorkeling spot, as is Cozumel. Really, as a novice, you can't go wrong with many of the Caribbean islands.

LOVE Cozumel! The beaches there are wonderful, the water is clear, and there are lots of fish! There is a park there (I can't remember the name) that is supposed to be great for snorkeling. Our son was married in Cozumel, and we stayed a week there in one of the resorts and snorkeled off the beach several times a day:)

LOVE Cozumel! The beaches there are wonderful, the water is clear, and there are lots of fish! There is a park there (I can't remember the name) that is supposed to be great for snorkeling. Our son was married in Cozumel, and we stayed a week there in one of the resorts and snorkeled off the beach several times a day:)

I believe you are referring to Chankanaab (sp?) Park? I've not been yet, but plan to in March. Looks beautiful.

For a short cruise option take the 5 day Inspiration to Grand Cayman & Cozumel. Novice beach/shore snorkeling is great at Cemetery Beach and Eden Rock in GC, then Chankanaab Park in Cozumel.

Shore snorkeling in St John (USVI) is supposedly the best mass-market spot in North America.

Archived