Just got my Cabin

scubadave

I booked a guaranteed category 1A and just got my cabin number for my cruise on the Sensation on 8/28/08.Cabin numbers is R66 it seems close to the elavators.Can any one tell if this cabin is good.I know it is only a three day cruises but I am a light sleeper.Does any one have pictures of this cabin?

This is one of those times when I don't think the 'guarantee plan' turned out for the absolute best. Right now yours is only one of two rooms in that 1A center coridor that had been assigned. What does play in your favor is that there is nothing above you that would create regular noise.

On the morning you arrive in Nassau, you will hear a lot of noise in your hallway after docking, since the path of passengers to get off the ship is diverted directly in front of your cabins. But a good thing is that the arrival is not too early, so you can sleep in a bit that morning. With the exception of the Nassau arrival morning, you'll find that your cabin area is really quiet.

You are destined to have a great cruise on a great ship for your 3-day sailing. Have a wonderful cruise, and Bon Voyage!!

I was able to find the following when I did a search on this forum for "R66" -

05/02/07 - Clackey - We usually book the cheap seats and have stayed in R64 and R66 on the ELATION with no problems, but they are in the center of the ship. Some of our friends that are prone to motion sickness have sailed with us without any major problems.

05/02/07 - 4FRCruising - I booked R66 when I sailed on the FASCINATION and would book that exact cabin again in a heartbeat (and not even bother with the GTY).

01/26/05 - ronrythm - I had a 1A last summer on the Elation, 7/11/2004 sailing, cabin R66 and it was an upper and a lower. I will have one again this July. For a single person it was great but I wouldn't want it with 2 people.

06/01/04 - 4FRCruising - (from a Fascination review) I was very happy with the location I chose (R66). The hallway for this cabin runs down the middle of the ship and not too many people are aware it is there or use it, so very quiet. A 1A cabin is perfect for a single - only 1 bed on the floor (other one is a bunk that would suspend from the wall) so more floor space. Also one of the largest showers I've had on any ship I've sailed.

I was not able to find a picture....maybe someone else will.

I realize these comments are not very current and are in reference to other Fantasy class ships rather than Sensation, but I hope this helps.

Archived