Car Rental - Hertz Divi Flamingo

loves2cruz

Is this near the cruise ship terminal or the airport. When I went to Hertz website they just list Flamingo International Airport. Do they pick you up and shuttle you to the airport or is there another location at the Divi Flamingo Hotel. Is the hotel near the port?

Are there any other rental companies near the port?

I like the idea of having a car so maybe we can go to a few different sights.

Thanks for the clarification.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We rent a car every year for two weeks in july. Get the insurance! The Divi Flamingo where we stay is a 10 min walk south of the pier. Hertz rents there. Get a map and go south past the airport. See the salt pier which looks like monds of snow as you approach. Red and White slave huts. Snorkel @ pink beach. Flamingos in the salt flats but you will need a telephoto lens for pictures. The lighthouse is @ the southern end. If you have kids or are a big kid go to the Donkey sanctuary near the airport.

Bob

• 1 month later...

We had read that Bonaire is a good port to rent a jeep and drive around. The drivers are courteous and that it was one of the better ports to do this sort of thing. Now they talk about streets closed? This is the first time we would do this sort of thing, because usually we go through the ship, but thought it would be fun to just drive around. Anyone ever done this in Bonaire and what are your thoughts. I know that some of the islands we have been on that they drive a bit crazy and we wouldn't consider renting on those ones.........but Bonaire???? Help...........

Archived