Confusion on Beaches in Nassau

Nutnhoney

We just spent a few hours at the Radisson on Cable Beach. We really didn't see a whole lot of activities there. I saw a couple on a kayak, but didn't see where they got it. There was a wave runner station between the Wyndham and the Radisson. The Radisson also had beach volleyball, but I only saw a few people playing. Now we were there on Sunday and maybe there just weren't a lot of activities that day. But, I didn't really see it as a good place for kids. It was great for relaxing on the beach though.

We are also looking for a beach day and will only be there from 8-2. We're a family of 5 kids will be 9,6, & 5. Has anyone been to south beach or is cable beach really the only place to go if staying on New Providence?

The pool at the Wyndham, with the water slide, is large and clean, very nice - I think kids of any age would like it. The only problem may be this - when we were there in November the water in the pool (and at the beach) was VERY cold. My daughter is 12 and is truly a "fish" when it comes to swimming AND she loves water slides. But it was even too cold for her - she would not go in.

The beach at the Wyndham has a SMALL lagoon that would be ideal for young children to swim. At the beach at the Radisson the current was quite strong the day we were there. The beach at the Radisson is much larger than the one at the Windham.

No one approached us at either the Wyndham or the Radisson about using the beach chairs so we did not pay anything. A few vendors approached us (very few) but a polite "No thank you" sent them on their way.

• 3 months later...

Archived